Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vortexnode server down for 19 hours, no one answering tickets or calls!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vortexnode server down for 19 hours, no one answering tickets or calls!

Hi,
Anyone knows anything from Vortexnode? Our server has been down since 19 hours ego! No one answering the ticket or calls!

Comments

• They will not renew cheap services so I hope you have a backup.

• I had opened a ticket to seek clarification post their shutting-down-annual-deals email and I did get a reply confirming that all such/said services would be shutdown (and that was over the weekend for which I got the reply on Monday).

Early AM today, my (KVM) VPS went offline (after a ~2 hour outage over night) but I had already taken a backup in preparation for migration/shutdown and so I haven't been otherwise affected.

They had indicated (promised?) that the services would be up till the 28th - so I'm not sure if this is the real end or if this is some sort of a glitch.

In any case they did honor the service for pretty much the whole year (barring the RAID issue some months back).

In my case, I had a $5 KVM VPS and it really worked well for my needs.

• jikjikjikjik Member
    edited November 2017

I know, but they said our server is not in that program:

• @nullnothere , I'd start moving my belongings (data) off their servers the moment I read their "GTFO budget crap owners" mail.

Personally, I did exactly that. Moved whatever was valuable and cancelled the plan. Nothing to get too agitated about.

Good luck!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just move on, the warning signs have been very apparent for a while.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Just move on, the warning signs have been very apparent for a while.

best advice.

• @Master_Bo said:
    @nullnothere , I'd start moving my belongings (data) off their servers the moment I read their "GTFO budget crap owners" mail.

Personally, I did exactly that. Moved whatever was valuable and cancelled the plan. Nothing to get too agitated about.

Good luck!

Yeah, actually it is not ours, its for a client. Thanks for the advice though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jikjik said: Yeah, actually it is not ours, its for a client.

Oh dear, putting client/production data on a doomed host that craps on customers without hesitation, what could go wrong.

Seriously though, just get another server with a more reputable host and restore from backups, it will be quicker and better for you in the long run.