Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you use VolumeDrive again?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will you use VolumeDrive again?

I had good experiences with VD over the past 1-2 years, but their last incident was unprofessional. I understand that sometimes, providers may need huge migration, but they did not informed or their customers in advance or keep informed about progress (except a few late twits on twitter). Despite gossips about their disappearance, they did not try to resolve the issue here in LET or webhostingtalk.com.

Now, they are coming back. Based on this considerably bad experience, can they be trusted or they are unreliable in this sensitive business?

Comments

• @Jack said:
    Jacob will you?

I have some servers with them that they are online now. I doubt to keep them.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Who are they coming back up with?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Do you really expect better treatment in the future? I would not trust them with anything of significance.

• @jbiloh said:
    Who are they coming back up with?

InfoRelay...a huge step up from Burst who has spent the Summer bungling its own datacenter moves (UK, and their move to their new DC in PA). The question is how will VD pay for InfoRelay if they had trouble paying Burst's lower rates.

• Not even once.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited August 2013

For the client's sake I hope they manage to stay up.
    Any got information provided by VD yet on this mess?

• LeeLee Veteran

as long as Volumedrive keep offering what they do and deliver "to some degree" then they will remain popular, too many people can't resist the bucket prices.

• OK, there's a first time for everything. In this case, it's me posting a GIF.

• @DomainBop said:

According to their posts, they are NOT in InfoRelay, they only have A (read ONE) router At inforelay in NYC.

They have a transport circuit or wave back to their "facility" in Wilkes-Barre PA.

• If they offered sub-$20 dedicated servers, most of you would forego common sense and go with them.

• @RyanD said:

They also said when hosting in GoRack AND BurstNet that they had their own facility and didn't colocate with either of those datacenters. I wouldn't believe a word VD has to say about anything.

• @SkylarM said:
    They also said when hosting in GoRack AND BurstNet that they had their own facility and didn't colocate with either of those datacenters. I wouldn't believe a word VD has to say about anything.

Pretty much this.

As for the OPs question, I actually would, I was with them before and the uptime was shit, the bandwidth was shit (burstnet after all), and frankly it was a joke. However after I decided to cancel they actually didn't even turn off my VPS for two whole months. I'm not really sure if this was just them being lazy or not knowing they left it on, but it was kinda neat. And when the VPS did work, 80% of the time or so, it wasn't too bad for what was paid. Got like three months for 5 usd lol.

• I have been tempted to use VD in the past but never actually have. This recent incident basically pulls their page out of my dictionary.

• Still good a test server. Just nothing production.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

They have great prices, so will probably pick up new customers to replace the ones they have lost. Plenty of LEB hosts have done a Lazarus, VolumeDrive hasn't done that so why all the criticism.

• @doughmanes said:
    If they offered sub-$20 dedicated servers, most of you would forego common sense and go with them.

this

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@asterisk14 said:
    They have great prices, so will probably pick up new customers to replace the ones they have lost. Plenty of LEB hosts have done a Lazarus, VolumeDrive hasn't done that so why all the criticism.

No doubt they'll continue to get customers, just a matter of whether it's wise to trust them to host anything important...

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited September 2013

Adding our input here for whatever its worth. We have been a trust-worthy hosting provider in the industry since 2006. Our migration to our own facility within the past few weeks was greatly hindered by our competitor and their attempts to make the migration as difficult as possible on us. We won't get into much more on this since we are seeking our own legal action against them at this time. We will say this.. they have never been able to provide a contract or any evidence that there was a debt.

We have completed the move and have had 100% uptime since without many issues. We will continue to deliver a reliable service from our OWN facility. Yes, we are running our new operation and are not colo'd with anyone. This allows us to call of our own shots and deliver a much better service quality level. We've completed our own dark fiber directly to NYC (less than 6ms).

If we can answer any questions and @Bartok if you need any assistance, please free to reach out to us.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@volumedrive said:
    Adding our input here for whatever its worth. We have been a trust-worthy hosting provider in the industry since 2006. Our migration to our own facility within the past few weeks was greatly hindered by our competitor and their attempts to make the migration as difficult as possible on us. We won't get into much more on this since we are seeking our own legal action against them at this time. We will say this.. they have never been able to provide a contract or any evidence that there was a debt.

We have completed the move and have had 100% uptime since without many issues. We will continue to deliver a reliable service from our OWN facility. Yes, we are running our new operation and are not colo'd with anyone. This allows us to call of our own shots and deliver a much better service quality level. We've completed our own dark fiber directly to NYC (less than 6ms).

If we can answer any questions and Bartok if you need any assistance, please free to reach out to us.

100% uptime!? If you are unable to recover client services then what? What action you have done? Do you even offer refund?

• Yes, we certainly are offering refunds, credits and.. free replacement server upgrades for any issues that occurred during the migration.

• Welcome to LET :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@volumedrive said:
    Yes, we certainly are offering refunds, credits and.. free replacement server upgrades for any issues that occurred during the migration.

Ok, It's will be good at last get their refund.

• I will most likely purchase another service in the VolumeDrive facility. I am with VolumeDrive on this one and against BurstNET.

• @jeffrey Appreciate the vote of confidence. Please let us know if we can assist.

• @volumedrive Could you tell me a little more about this new "facility" you have up and running? Email me [email protected] I'm very interested to see what you can offer out of this.