Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the lightest blog system for 10K visitors per day?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is the lightest blog system for 10K visitors per day?

VM RAM: 2GB
vCPU: 1 (%50 dedicated, Intel Xeon)
Storage: 20GB SAS+SATA HDD Raid 10

Which is the lightest blog system for 10K visitors per day? It does not matter whether it is a database or not. What is the best blog solution for daily 10K visitors? It should be simple, very light, usable and admin control panel. It would be much better if there was an automatic install script. Thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Grav?

Can handle 1k concurrent users on a very light theme on a small AWS instance.

• I've been using GRAV for the past year or so on some light sites. Easy to install and it has a nice admin interface.

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited November 2017

While 10k visitors doesn't say a lot, the vm you have is probably already overkill if you cache whatever content you generate.

If you will write a lot or edit a lot, try WordPress + a cache plugin and don't install other plugins. While WordPress can be a security nightmare, if you keep it updated and limit what you install, you are probably more in the safe side.

If you can live without a admin panel and love markdown you can try a static generator, like Jekyll. You will be able to serve at least a couple of 100k users from a shit vm.

• Have you considered something like https://blog.getpelican.com/ or https://gohugo.io/? Then put NGINX in front and it will handle 10K per day.

• Try hugo or jekyll

• typecho.org

• Would recommend Grav too. It is extensible enough and has a good ecosystem of themes to suit your taste.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

Another one for Grav

• I like all of the responses stating the same shitty software to a banned account.

• @WSS said:
    I like all of the responses stating the same shitty software to a banned account.

it was the journalist again

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @quick said:

@WSS said:
    I like all of the responses stating the same shitty software to a banned account.

But he didn't ask for a PRIVACY blog! What happened!?

• @WSS said:

@quick said:

@WSS said:

But he didn't ask for a PRIVACY blog! What happened!?

I hope that he finally found his high privacy hosting. Now he is looking for a software, which can handle his mind blowing news.

You can check his old threads looking for some kind of privacy stuffs.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/154722/ansiklopedi

• @WSS said:

But have you tried GRAV?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Harzem said:

@WSS said:

But have you tried GRAV?

Grav, Ghost, Hugo, and a couple others. If I wanted a realtime flatfile Markdown preprocessor, I'd just fork awk from inetd.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

WSS said: If I wanted a realtime flatfile Markdown preprocessor, I'd just fork awk from inetd

Hopefully there will be a systemd service capable to handle these cases as well

/me logs out and runs away

Thanked by 3WSS maverickp Clouvider
  • @mfs said:

Yay more systemd!

Has anyone wondered if the reason @quick figures out who this guy is so ... quickly? ... is because he is the person in question living a double life?

Also WordPress is a great choice since it can run within about 32 MB and opcaching makes it fast. ;)

• Flatpress FTW!

• @JustAMacUser said:
    Has anyone wondered if the reason @quick figures out who this guy is so ... quickly? ... is because he is the person in question living a double life?

Well it's not that hard if you are Turkish. Almost everyone with a turkish name + an interest for offshore shit and vpns turned out to be the journalist.

Thanked by 1quick
  • FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

@quick said:

@WSS said:

What?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2017

Frame said: What?

Research is king, millenial!
    https://www.google.de/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+"turkish+journalist"
    (Just a small excerpt. Most is already moved to the Moderator dump.)

• quickquick Member
    edited November 2017

@JustAMacUser said:

@mfs said:

Yay more systemd!

Also WordPress is a great choice since it can run within about 32 MB and opcaching makes it fast. ;)

He is using mostly turkish words in his usernames + some special keywords in his threads.

I report him, @Amitz is doing his checks and swings the banhammer.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@quick for custom title "Investigator".

Thanked by 3JustAMacUser WSS quick
  • So, umm, just in case it wasn't clear: I was joking about my comment regarding @quick moonlighting as a Turkish journalist.

Thanked by 1quick
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2017

quick said: I report him, @Amitz is doing his checks and swings the banhammer.

We are some kind of Pinky & Brain, but have not yet agreed on who is who.

• One's a cynical iconoclast, and the other's retarded.

Hrrm.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2017

I go with Team Retarded, so I am obviously Pinky. Narf. Or could I be a cynical Retard?

• Poit!

• Zort!

• @Amitz is "Big Ears", and @quick can be "Noodle Noggin".

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Amitz said:
    Or could I be a cynical Retard?

LET is full of these already. Let your own freak flag shine, dahling.

Thanked by 1Amitz