Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much money have you been saving to spend in the next BF? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much money have you been saving to spend in the next BF?

Comments

• @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:
    Sorry, but the rental terms and conditions are well within the LET boundaries. You wanted an extra, and that's what we charge.

We also don't accept second-hand chocolates.

How about third-hand? I can give you half-eaten chocolates that were re-gifted to me.

Depends. Who ate the half? Was it female?!

It's covered in my saliva. (and no, I'm not female.)

• Well, I know you aren't female- but if you identify as one and I don't accept them, I'm a racist or something like thaaron.

• @WSS said:
    Well, I know you aren't female- but if you identify as one and I don't accept them, I'm a racist or something like thaaron.

I only put that for good measure. By the way, there aren’t any left. I just finished the last piece. >:)

• jhjh Member

Last year I didn't buy anything at all (not even lunch) on Black Friday. Nothing I actually needed stood out as being a genuinely good deal. Plenty of marketing, no real discounts. Meh. I guess it's different in the US.

This year Black Friday seems to have started the Saturday before in the UK and I bought a couple of Alexa Dots and smart plugs on Amazon at a really good price. I also got a few nice shirts at a good price at TM Lewin.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jh said:
    Last year I didn't buy anything at all (not even lunch) on Black Friday. Nothing I actually needed stood out as being a genuinely good deal. Plenty of marketing, no real discounts. Meh. I guess it's different in the US.

This year Black Friday seems to have started the Saturday before in the UK and I bought a couple of Alexa Dots and smart plugs on Amazon at a really good price. I also got a few nice shirts at a good price at TM Lewin.

We had great deals in Portugal, tbh. We "adopted" BF last year, it was very rare, close to non-existent here. Nowadays we do have great promos in places like Media Markt, Worten, and many others. Actually, this year is looks like everyone is doing BF... Even we are in our Design/Vinyl department!

Big companies are start to doing BF deals and they're getting very aggressive, irresistible deals for BF.

As for the US, damn, they always get the best deals... Look at, say, Newegg. Crazy lucky guys like @Jarland can buy ssd's for like half the price.

BTW, I've been considering to buy the smart home/automation devices, like Amazon Echo, etc but I haven't made a decision yet.

• 50$.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Black Friday is not that big in the Netherlands. Might get a few servers, hoping for a good black Friday deal from Hetzner.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Probably going to build a mining rig if I can find decent deals on newegg or amazon. So far have been pretty lucky with my solo pool so this build is already paid for from my profits in the past couple months. Probably looking to put 6x RX 570's in a rig if I can find them close to $200/ea.

@vfuse said:
    Black Friday is not that big in the Netherlands. Might get a few servers, hoping for a good black Friday deal from Hetzner.

Can't remember if they've done any BF deal last year, but would be interested to know as well.

@MasonR said:
    Probably going to build a mining rig if I can find decent deals on newegg or amazon. So far have been pretty lucky with my solo pool so this build is already paid for from my profits in the past couple months. Probably looking to put 6x RX 570's in a rig if I can find them close to $200/ea.

What's the coin you're mining?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MikePT said: What's the coin you're mining?

Solely monero. First coin I've ever started mining, but so far so good.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • 7$

• I saved $7. Debian, thx.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: To prossies do black friday deals?

7 USD ? I do not want to get AIDS

@MasonR said:

@MikePT said: What's the coin you're mining?

Solely monero. First coin I've ever started mining, but so far so good.

It's value is increasing a lot lately. Impressive, I must say. Should have mined when it was first launched, or bought some when those were cheap.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • hostdare said: 7 USD ? I do not want to get AIDS

How can you get aids from punching bitches in the gut?

• Save? Use all your credit cards to buy as many idling vpses as possible on Black Friday!

@sin said:
    Save? Use all your credit cards to buy as many idling vpses as possible on Black Friday!

That, I am sure will happen.

• $48

• Didn't save up as I've got some money to 'waste' anyway. I keep telling myself I'm not in need of another random VPS or dedi. Will probably get carried away though :)

• Only $800... and again, never have enough idling boxes so ready to get some more.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@vfuse This year we don't have any plans for a sale. But some of our products don't have any setup fees at the moment - for example, the auction servers, our vServers, our storage boxes, and the EX40 and EX40-SSD dedicated root servers. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    @vfuse This year we don't have any plans for a sale. But some of our products don't have any setup fees at the moment - for example, the auction servers, our vServers, our storage boxes, and the EX40 and EX40-SSD dedicated root servers. --Katie, Marketing

what about a release date or pricing for the public cloud offers then? ;-)

• FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

@Hetzner_OL said:

Add no VAT and i'm yours (or gift me 5 IPs)

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Falzo You know that if I had that information, I would already have told you. You and only you. ;) I'm joking of course. We'll post something here on LET when the beta is finished and it is avialable to the general public.

@Frame Depending on your location, VAT is not included. See: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Payment_FAQ/en#How_much_VAT_do_I_need_to_pay.3F "All other countries outside the EU: Customers from these countries will receive their invoice without VAT."
    --Katie

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

Hetzner_OL said: @Frame Depending on your location, VAT is not included

On mine is, that's why i asked for a discount or just free IPs (The price without VAT but buying 5IPs is the same)

• Hetzner_OL said: This year we don't have any plans for a sale.

How about just a couple of servers, just for the folks at LET, for a legendary price. Make someone happy this Black Friday.

• @Nekki said:

Hetzner_OL said: This year we don't have any plans for a sale.

How about just a couple of servers, just for the folks at LET, for a legendary price. Make someone happy this Black Friday.

They don't like our money

• Frame said: They don't like our money

I'm sure @Hetzner_OL can do something for us, even if it's just a couple of cheeky single-use 25% off discount codes for a server bidding or something like that.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Nekki said:

Frame said: They don't like our money

I'm sure @Hetzner_OL can do something for us, even if it's just a couple of cheeky single-use 25% off discount codes for a server bidding or something like that.

imho they don't even have an input field for coupons anymore...

• Falzo said: imho they don't even have an input field for coupons anymore...

Poor potatoes.