Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would this interest you? 500GB Storage KVM, 1 Core, 1 GB RAM, 2 TB BW (France) / $7 USD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would this interest you? 500GB Storage KVM, 1 Core, 1 GB RAM, 2 TB BW (France) / $7 USD

2»

Comments

• @MikePT said:
    Certainly true, but the OVH one-time setup fee is extremely high, wouldn't justify the investment, as the ROI would be enormous if you were to sell it even 5 USD per 1TB.

While RAID 6 is ok for most people, RAID-10 does have its performance that, when compared to RAID-10, is exponentially bigger, hence why we'd like to go with RAID-10. Granted that the storage is basically half, but there's also more performance. Our goal isn't to be the cheapest but to have a pretty good service, fast and efficient when it comes to host important stuff and retrieve those.

I completely get the redundancy and performance benefits of using RAID10 in this instance but if you're battling to be cheaper then RAID6 would be the better option. I also agree with @hzr that OVH, Online and Hetzner cover most of Europe so I would also like to see different locations than those. Texas is pretty much covered by SpeedyKVM so I'd like to see something in perhaps a good east coast or west coast data center.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hzr said:
    basically, if you are launching fr, even if it's non -ovh.. you're gonna be competing with Those People .

Indirectly, yes, correct.

IThinkUFailed said: I completely get the redundancy and performance benefits of using RAID10 in this instance but if you're battling to be cheaper then RAID6 would be the better option. I also agree with @hzr that OVH, Online and Hetzner cover most of Europe so I would also like to see different locations than those. Texas is pretty much covered by SpeedyKVM so I'd like to see something in perhaps a good east coast or west coast data center.

Valid points, we'll do more market research and seek viable options. Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate - we always learn something and it's good to know your market before attempting to do something.

• It would be more interesting in the US, but still too expensive as a storage server. In EU, compare to a Hetzner dedi or (if you're patient) a KS flash sale or Online.net promo and again it's hard to get excited, especially at 1TB and up. At the 250gb and 500gb sizes maybe it's less of an issue. I wouldn't bother with 50GB or 100GB.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • seanhoseanho Member
    edited November 2017

Don't forget you'll soon have competition from Fran, first in US then in LU.

Not to discourage you; competition is good for us end-users!

[edit: Luxembourg, not Lithuania, sorry Fran!]

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seanho said:
    Don't forget you'll soon have competition from Fran, first in US then in LT.

LU ;)

Francisco

@willie said:
    It would be more interesting in the US, but still too expensive as a storage server. In EU, compare to a Hetzner dedi or (if you're patient) a KS flash sale or Online.net promo and again it's hard to get excited, especially at 1TB and up. At the 250gb and 500gb sizes maybe it's less of an issue. I wouldn't bother with 50GB or 100GB.

I've also been thinking of doing NAT VPS, dunno if that's interesting or not, but could reduce the prices drastically.

@seanho said:
    Don't forget you'll soon have competition from Fran, first in US then in LU.

[edit: Luxembourg, not Lithuania, sorry Fran!]

I <3 Fran, and he has plenty resources we don't have. We're a small company, there's a lot to do before competing with big boys... :P

• MikePT said:

I've also been thinking of doing NAT VPS, dunno if that's interesting or not, but could reduce the prices drastically.

I'm fine with it, but notice wishosting.com 1TB NAT kvm plan at $6/mo ($5/mo paid quarterly iirc). It's at OVH in France (don't remember which DC). I had it for a while and it worked fine.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • A little. I'd like kimsufi ks-1, more.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@willie said:

MikePT said:

I'm fine with it, but notice wishosting.com 1TB NAT kvm plan at $6/mo ($5/mo paid quarterly iirc). It's at OVH in France (don't remember which DC). I had it for a while and it worked fine.

Thank you, I appreciate!

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited November 2017

I could also get a NAT KVM (EU) because it is enough for this daily backups purpose :).

Thanked by 1MikePT

@cpsd said:
    I could also get a NAT KVM (EU) because it is enough for this daily backups purpose :).

Yeah well if this could be NAT I am sure the price could be better... Or add an option to rent an IP for like 2 USD to cover the IP costs / PP fees.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2017

@MikePT said:

@cpsd said:

Yeah well if this could be NAT I am sure the price could be better... Or add an option to rent an IP for like 2 USD to cover the IP costs / PP fees.

are you willing to cut custom deals? offer to shill praise review seriously afterwards ;-) ;-)

@Falzo said:

@MikePT said:

@cpsd said:

are you willing to cut custom deals? offer to shill praise review seriously afterwards ;-) ;-)

What?

• Nope.

Thanked by 1MikePT