Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[For Sale] Supermicro 2U E3 Server for $450
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[For Sale] Supermicro 2U E3 Server for $450

serverianserverian Member
edited August 2013 in Offers

Chassis: Supermicro SC213LT-600LPB -> http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/2U/213/SC213LT-600LP.cfm

Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCM-F -> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c202_c204/x9scm-f.cfm

CPU: Intel E3 1230 3.2GHz

Memory: 2 x 4GB Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3 ECC 9965525-008.A00LF

HDD: 1 x 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black 2.5"

Pulled from working environment, technician tested, like new.

Chassis includes the 8 x 2.5" caddies.

Located in Continuum DC in Lombard.

Comments

• Does the price includes shipping?

• @seriesn said:
    Does the price includes shipping?

No ho ho ho

• What else do you have for sale?

• @concerto49 said:
    What else do you have for sale?

Yes, you seem to have a lot.

• @serverian said:
    No ho ho ho

Boo hoo hoo

• @serverian how is Continuum DC? I've considered colo'ing a box there for a bit now. only about 2 hours from me and avoids bit of the Chi traffic coming from down state.

• @ctalkington said:
    serverian how is Continuum DC? I've considered colo'ing a box there for a bit now. only about 2 hours from me and avoids bit of the Chi traffic coming from down state.

They were having lots of downtimes a few months ago. It's going good for the last month since they kicked out some minecraft hosting "company". Note that their total upstream is 5Gbps bonded with half in use. So, any DDoS attack over than 2.5Gbps will bring the whole DC down for a few minutes (until someone attend manually and nullroute).

• @ctalkington said:
    serverian how is Continuum DC? I've considered colo'ing a box there for a bit now. only about 2 hours from me and avoids bit of the Chi traffic coming from down state.

I have used them as well for the past month. I find their NOC to be very responsive to tickets though it's easy for them to get busy since the majority of their clients have free remote hands. I have been to the actual facility though and it is pretty nice. However, I do think their total capacity is bigger than 5Gbps. Last I was told, they have a 10Gbps tranport link via AboveNet to 350 Cermak.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What is the shipping cost to the UK?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    What is the shipping cost to the UK?

Fedex says $600 by their online form. But I've shipped a similar server to NL for $160 before. It depends on your agreement with the shipping company.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

rofl @ $600 I could fly myself for less than that :p if your interested in getting a price I might be interested.

Not kicking tyres, genuinely interested.