Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PremiumVM - 4GB for $7 - 2GB for $4 - 128MB @ $1.25 - Coventry, UK - Basic Management - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PremiumVM - 4GB for $7 - 2GB for $4 - 128MB @ $1.25 - Coventry, UK - Basic Management

2»

Comments

• Something about that math doesn't add up

Even if it did, between the software raid, 8 year old processors and the fact that.. you're running it, I'd stay far far away.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited August 2013

According to their recent offer on LEB:

• PremiumVM were founded in December 2012 but closed their doors in early 2013.
    • They were relaunched in April 2013…
    • He has been involved with a one or two LEB providers before.
  • LeeLee Veteran

@sundaymouse that is why there are no complaints, he is never open long enough. But now him and Jacob have something going what can go wrong?

[Space reserved for when it goes wrong]

• Subcontracting off a kiddie-host? Hope Jacob is not going to be doing any re-sits!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    that is why there are no complaints, he is never open long enough.

I think there were plenty of complaints about past ventures. To be fair though he has always been one of the more responsible deadpool members.

Thanked by 2Infinity Liam
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    Subcontracting off a kiddie-host? Hope Jacob is not going to be doing any re-sits!

He only cared about his Art GCSE anyway. ;)

• To be fair though he has always been one of the more responsible deadpool members.

True, Dominic (PVM) and Jeffrey (GHS) were both responsible and made sure that their customers had new homes before they retired from the hosting business at the beginning of this year. I think HVH bought the original PVM customers...

• @DomainBop said:
    True, Dominic (PVM) and Jeffrey (GHS) were both responsible and made sure that their customers had new homes before they retired from the hosting business at the beginning of this year. I think HVH bought the original PVM customers...

NinjaHawk did.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @concerto49 said:
    NinjaHawk did.

We actually bought SwitchVM while HVH took over PVM

Thanked by 1Liam
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Zen said:
    Jacob is known for his 'owned' hardware in the UK, and by that he means whatever he can get in a bundle for $100 on eBay. I guess it does the job though, but I could not imagine putting clients on anything pre 0'10.

There goes my business plan!

On a serious note, why not? It may work for small websites isn't it?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@netomx said:
    On a serious note, why not? It may work for small websites isn't it?

4GB vps is going to be used for teamspeak, game servers, and forums with massive SQL databases. If those are against policy, nearly everyone who would even be likely to renew will not do so (assuming they aren't terminated). The ones who try to run a website will be annoyed by the results of the ones I mentioned above on the node

That's just reality.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

As you will see, PremiumVM has actually been successful and has not been deadpooled at all. When SVM and PVM deadpooled previously, I always made sure the clients had a home, and din't just leave.

As I said when PVM started up again, things have been done differently. They clearly have as we're able to stay open and safely say that we're not going anywhere at all whatsoever.

• @jarland said:
    That's just reality.

And the other side of reality, looking at which posts get most of the responses on LEB offers is that most go for these 4GB VPS offers. It's a sad reality, but people purchase.

Then come in your reality of people getting hit. Yet people still purchase. It's like with VolumeDrive.

• ravenchadravenchad Member
    edited August 2013

is there any KVm?

@ravenchad said:
    is there any KVm?

Unfortunately not at this time :( Sorry!

• Welcome back

• RaptaRapta Member
    edited August 2013

That provisioning time. ordered at 4pm, almost 11pm now, haven't received details.

Mate, I suggest you suck it up, it's just gcse results.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@dominicl said:
    able to stay open and safely say that we're not going anywhere at all whatsoever.

That's what all hosts say until they say "sorry we're about to dealpool" like dedilink.eu, or even worse the customer comes on here and says "my VPS has been down for 5 days now, does anyone know what's going on with PooVM?"

• Haven't received my vps has been a few days looks like I've been scammed.

@Rapta said:
    Haven't received my vps has been a few days looks like I've been scammed.

Please don't make assumptions.
    You will have received your VPS details from now. I do apologize if it took a bit of time, but your due date will have been changed. We've been busy recently, and have hired extra staff to rectify this.

Thanks.