Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some question about Domain Auctions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some question about Domain Auctions

rahulksrahulks Member
edited August 2013 in Help

1.Is there a rule which limits the maximum time i can set for a Domain Auction to end ?

Example Ends Tuesday, August 20th at 11:59 pm EST (UTC -5)

I see people posting domain Auction with diffrent time limit.

Does such a fixed limit exist ? and what is it in days ?

2.Is the Domain pushed to the highest bidder account(at namecheap or something else)Only after the highest bidder makes the payment to the user who ran the Auction ?

Can you explain the procedure ? If you have ran Domain Auctions here?

Comments

• I think the domain auction threads are set to auto-sink after 24 hours so yes you can set your domain auction to a year except it will ended up being in page 500 and no one will read it.

For the payments...I don't know about others but I don't give people things until I see the money first :) so that is up to your discretion.

But then again, you might want to check with the mods.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

1.Is there a rule which limits the maximum time i can set for a Domain Auction to end ?

It's not, but after some time it will be set to sink, so it won't appear on the top/frontpage even when someone post into it. Sinked threads get usually less response than active threads (Offers section is exception here).

and what is it in days ?

It's your choice, try to be reasonable and so will be we.

2.Is the Domain pushed to the highest bidder account(at namecheap or something else)Only after the highest bidder makes the payment to the user who ran the Auction ?

That's reasonable, just don't delay with domain pushing days and days after you recieve payment because that's unserious and make impression that you want to run away with money.