Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Night-Sky Monitoring Public Release - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Night-Sky Monitoring Public Release

13»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2020

A little update:

Night-Sky runs fine with 7.3, no issues, still using it in silence.
    I recently moved my running instance to 7.4, looks good, tests indicate the same.

Looking forward to PHP 8.0 at the end of the year, gonna be good.
    Meanwhile, I keep everything updated and fixed as usual.

PHP 7.1 support has been dropped, if you update, there is a new migration available, which needs to be ran.

That's all for now.

Thanked by 2maverickp feezioxiii
  • Well, the code can be improved a lot. I can suggest you to try out Livewire and for agents maybe Laravel Zero?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited July 2020

@Neoon is the Repo moved back to Github? Asking as I could not locate it in Gitlab.

@alexvolk said:
    Well, the code can be improved a lot. I can suggest you to try out Livewire and for agents maybe Laravel Zero?

No and No to Laravel
    If you wanna improve stuff, you can submit a merge request.

I mainly written the code in 2017, I did some refactoring but not much.
    Meanwhile, my code style changed also but I did not bother yet to refactor the rest.

@simonindia said:
    @Neoon is the Repo moved back to Github? Asking as I could not locate it in Gitlab.

Github.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @Neoon said: No and No to Laravel

Honestly, any reason for that? My suggestion was to make it easier for you to manage/improve/fix it and etc.

@alexvolk said:

@Neoon said: No and No to Laravel

Honestly, any reason for that? My suggestion was to make it easier for you to manage/improve/fix it and etc.

Because I like to code in vanilla.
    Fixing or improving stuff is fine when you have CI, see no point for Laravel.

• @Neoon I just finally setup night-sky in one of my machines and having a few issues. So I'm running Nginx/ PHP 7.3/ Maria db 10.1.

The following are the issues I'm running into

1) how to to create a admin user without setting up email as I tried to register and its asking me to confirm the email address.

2) when I put the cron with any user (I have tried www-data, root) I get the following error

for night.php

PHP Warning:  include(../class/Night.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/night.php on line 6
    PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '../class/Night.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/night.php on line 6
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Night' not found in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/night.php:11
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/night.php on line 11

remote.php

PHP Warning:  include(../content/configs/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php on line 5
    PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '../content/configs/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php on line 5
    PHP Warning:  include(../class/Database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php on line 8
    PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '../class/Database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php on line 8
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Database' not found in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php:13
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/html/nightsky/cron/remote.php on line 13

Thanks for taking a look at this looking forward to the reply.

@simonindia said:
    @Neoon I just finally setup night-sky in one of my machines and having a few issues. So I'm running Nginx/ PHP 7.3/ Maria db 10.1.

The following are the issues I'm running into

1) how to to create a admin user without setting up email as I tried to register and its asking me to confirm the email address.

You just go with adminer or whatever you use and set enabled from 0 to 1 in users.
    Or you could just setup a email server like postfix which you need anyway to send out email notifications.

2) when I put the cron with any user (I have tried www-data, root) I get the following error

RTFM.
    "Put cron/night.php and cron/remote.php into Crontab to run every 60 seconds, use a non privileged user for that. => cron.example"

https://github.com/Ne00n/Night-Sky/blob/Release/cron.example

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @Neoon said:

@simonindia said:

You just go with adminer or whatever you use and set enabled from 0 to 1 in users.
    Or you could just setup a email server like postfix which you need anyway to send out email notifications.

Adminer will do. I don't work with email now a days as I was hoping to setup the notifications via webhooks.

RTFM.
    "Put cron/night.php and cron/remote.php into Crontab to run every 60 seconds, use a non privileged user for that. => cron.example"

https://github.com/Ne00n/Night-Sky/blob/Release/cron.example

Thanks

edited August 2020

If you are using it, I do recommend updating to the latest version.

The primary failsafe was broken, as long you have a stable network you won't notice but if its gets unstable, the failsafe is there to prevent false alarms.

Additionally some design changes + a few new freatures.
    Such as custom http response codes, configurable timeout and mtr reports.

The default timeout was fine for the most cases but not for all.
    If you wanna update:

migrations/check.sql
    configs/regex.example.php
    remote/check.php has been updated to allow for custom status codes + timeout

Suspend all cronjobs before running git pull.

Experimental Branch has been patched for PHP 8.0, 8.1.
    Will update the rest in the next weeks.

• i like it