Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh SBG down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh SBG down

So they have a big power outage. The entire SBG datacenter is down. I'm done with em. Netcup here I come :)

Thanked by 1datanoise

Comments

• Netcup ftw :)

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • I have 15 servers in SBG and they are all down. Also http://status.ovh.net/ is not available now.

• I've some in Roubaix that I can't reach just now.

• @ricardo said:
    I've some in Roubaix that I can't reach just now.

same here

Only GRA seems to be online

• Yes my only server in GRA is up (for now)

• Good morning, let me join this club...
    RBX out @ the mom.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lol that translation is horrible, that explains why my hosted exchange is down haha.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

RBX and SBG both went down together ?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2017

@hammad said:

Actual translation: We have an electrical problem in SBG1/SBG4. The two power lines feeding the data centre are down and we have two generators up. Unfortunately, power to the routing/network room of the data centre isn’t backed up and we’re all working to resolve the outage.

• hostdare said: RBX and SBG both went down together ?

Same time approximately but independent, unrelated incidents

http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=15162&PHPSESSID=76696b79af015ca3b97ca0a80adf3a4e

Hello,

Two pieces of information,

This morning we had 2 separate incidents that have nothing to do with each other. The first incident impacted our Strasbourg site (SBG) and the 2nd Roubaix (RBX). In SBG we have 3 datacentres in operation and 1 under construction. In RBX, we have 7 datacentres in operation.

SBG:

In SBG we had an electrical problem. Power has been restored and services are being restarted. Some customers are UP and others not yet. If your service is not UP yet, the recovery time is between 5 minutes and 3-4 hours. Our monitoring system allows us to know which customers are still impacted and we are working to fix it.

RBX:

We had a problem on the optical network that allows RBX to be connected with the interconnection points we have in Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London, Brussels. The origin of the problem is a software bug on the optical equipment, which caused the configuration to be lost and the connection to be cut from our site in RBX. We handed over the backup of the software configuration as soon as we diagnosed the source of the problem and the DC can be reached again. The incident on RBX is fixed. With the manufacturer, we are looking for the origin of the software bug and also looking to avoid this kind of critical incident.

We are in the process of retrieving the details to provide you with information on the SBG recovery time for all services/customers. Also, we will give all the technical details on the origin of these 2 incidents.

We are sincerely sorry. We have just experienced 2 simultaneous and independent events that impacted all RBX customers between 8:15 am abd 10:37 am and all SBG customers between 7:15 am and 11:15 am. We are still working on customers who are not UP yet in SBG.

Best, Octave

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Gravelines, Poland, Singapore, Sydney and BHS were all up and fine from what I can tell, from my servers in some or IPs in those locations. Only RBX and SBG were down from the two main issues, maybe Germany due to the links being down but I haven't seen anything.