Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to find max usage RAM on Centos 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to find max usage RAM on Centos 7

yokowasisyokowasis Member
edited November 2017 in Help

I am currently using google cloud. As we all know we can just tweak the specs on the fly without the needed to reinstall all the stuff again. It's very useful for testing environment.

I want to know, how much my MAX RAM USAGE. Because the RAM usage is fluctuate over time, hence the free command is not suitable for this.

I am now deploying 16GB of RAM VM. it is obviously very BIG, and most of the resources will go to waste.

What's the best way to find out how much RAM do I really need ? 2GB, 4 GB ? 8GB ?

Since I can't obviously monitor my server all the time, I want to know what is the HIGHEST RAM USAGE ever recorded.

Thanks.

Comments

• stick your penis into it.

• Yeah right. That would be helpful.

• Try it. It'd take care of all of your problems.

• Use Nixstats

• @WSS said:
    Try it. It'd take care of all of your problems.

Yeah the thing is, When I tell the Google Data Center Security that I would like to put my dick on their server, they will kick me out. So yeah, although that is a good idea, that's a no go.

• @yokowasis said:

@WSS said:
    Try it. It'd take care of all of your problems.

Yeah the thing is, When I tell the Google Data Center Security that I would like to put my dick on their server, they will kick me out. So yeah, although that is a good idea, that's a no go.

Just tell them you're YouTube from 12 months ago. You'll be rolling in the dough.

• @imok said:
    Use Nixstats

Thanks, that's neat.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited November 2017

most linux distros have sar collecting system resource statistics over time, you can look up past collected stats easily i.e. memory and disk swap usage http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/03/sar-examples/

example show yesterdays memory usage stats

sar -r -f /var/log/sa/sa$(date +%d -d yesterday)