Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more. - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: "accident" is, and will always be code for "drunk on the internet".

Yep, I would even accept, "I hardly buy hosting, never dealt with billing agreements and frankly, I just clicked through the steps not paying much attention and then it took money when I did not expect it to which is my fault"

But unless I am mistaken, it was more a case of "give me back my money please", "you were informed it would not be refundable during the checkout process", "Please respond to my PayPal dispute"

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2017

Buyer's remorse is far better than marriage remorse although those who have a tendency to have remorse often are going to have issues with life sooner or later.

• This thread...

• @mksh said:
    This thread...

dicks

• @WSS said:

@mksh said:
    This thread...

dicks

Yeah, exactly.

• @WSS said:

Thanked by 2WSS ehab
  • WSS said:

That's not how it works. At all.

You have to click:

"Add Funds"

(page loads)
    You decide how much to add, and type that in.
    Then you decide how you want to pay, and choose Credit/PayPal/etc from the pulldown, and finally click "Add Funds"
    Finally, you login/auth with your choice of provider, and checkout.

Even if you have an agreement with PayPal in place, you have to consciously make an effort for all of this. Buyers Remorse is not a valid reason for refund.

Actually no, that's how it always used to work but now there's processes that allow for that kind of thing to happen. Seen it myself on a handful of providers. Probably related to the newer Paypal buttons being used having newer params that change the way things are done.

• @ricardo said:
    Actually no, that's how it always used to work but now there's processes that allow for that kind of thing to happen. Seen it myself on a handful of providers. Probably related to the newer Paypal buttons being used having newer params that change the way things are done.

Guess which one of us logged into Virmach and checked. (Hint: It wasn't you.)

• Much diabetes from this one. Much much diabetes.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • WSS said: Guess which one of us logged into Virmach and checked. (Hint: It wasn't you.)

If you spent as much energy considering things as you do being a smart arse. Hint: Re-read what I quoted.

• @ricardo said:

WSS said: Guess which one of us logged into Virmach and checked. (Hint: It wasn't you.)

If you spent as much energy considering things as you do being a smart arse. Hint: Re-read what I quoted.

I tried rereading it several times, but it's still incomprehensible jibberish which does little to support your statement as being anything other than pointless drivel which in no way adds anything to this conversation. Perhaps you could spend more time composing a response.

Thanked by 1bib
  • It's pretty simple @WSS, in between your attention seeking and general shit posting, you described something inaccurate which I corrected you on. The how things are in your head isn't correlating with reality.

I'll leave you to it, I know you clown types are very sensitive underneath.

• @ricardo said:
    It's pretty simple @WSS, in between your attention seeking and general shit posting, you described something inaccurate which I corrected you on. The how things are in your head isn't correlating with reality.

I'll leave you to it, I know you clown types are very sensitive underneath.

So what is the actual process at Virmach? Not a customer, so curious.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2017

@Nekki You enter a billing agreement and presumably the check out button skips all the steps that were mentioned earlier. I have about 10 servers with them, none are due just now...

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@ricardo said:
    It's pretty simple @WSS, in between your attention seeking and general shit posting, you described something inaccurate which I corrected you on.

There's nothing quite as exhiliarting as being right, is there?

..especially when you're talking out of your ass.

@Nekki said:
    So what is the actual process at Virmach? Not a customer, so curious.

As I posted above. Note that even if you smash the keyboard like a rhesus peanut butter monkey on PCP, you have to click a minimum of two buttons to put money into the account.

• @ricardo said:
    @Nekki You enter a billing agreement and presumably the check out button skips all the steps that were mentioned earlier. I have about 10 servers with them, none are due just now...

Presumably?

• Yeah, see the highlighted bit in yellow before you get uppity, clown :)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@ricardo said:
    Yeah, see the highlighted bit in yellow before you get uppity, clown :)

Oh, you mean the part where I didn't bother saying "You have to click through to this page" for a second time? I realize your attention span is meager, but you should be able to handle at least 3 seconds of linear time. As I told Nekki, you have to click "Add funds" at least twice - WITH an account in place to fill it. Have a nice day.

• I’m going to buy something from Virmach to see how this shit works.

• WSS said: Finally, you login/auth with your choice of provider, and checkout.

Not one for detail, are you.

• @ricardo said:

WSS said: Finally, you login/auth with your choice of provider, and checkout.

Not one for detail, are you.

Congraulations!

You were called out on being incorrect in your own statements so you find the bit where I didn't explicitly state "You may not have to reauth if you have them tied to an account, but everything else is still the same", including needing to click at least two buttons to add funds to your account.

Yes, you got me on a technicality, sir. You are certainly both right, and the winner of the contest of pointlessness. I bow before you, Sir Pedantic Cunt.

• Heh, my OP was just saying what you described wasn't entirely correct. You get all aggressive because you're a muppet. settle petal.

• @ricardo said:
    Heh, my OP was just saying what you described wasn't entirely correct. You get all aggressive because you're a muppet. settle petal.

No, you said I was wrong, then spent the last 20 minutes arguing a point that nobody gives a flying fuck about, because, again, you were wrong in your assertion, and I wasn't completely accurate for all cases.

You came off all high and mighty and I admitted that you managed to catch my statement on a technicality. You can go back to your hole now.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Pure gold, this thread.

• managed to catch my statement

Hehe, says it all really. Fragile.

• @deank said:
    Pure gold, this thread.

It would be more amusing if the OP would return so we could berate him more- but we've got another assclown taking up residence just in case he doesn't.

• LeeLee Veteran

All the armchair lawyer shit aside and regardless of the mistake or not they should give the money back. It is not an unreasonable request.

He is adding credit to have it available for services, if he does not use it then it should be refunded on request. The whole it's in our terms is bs, I can understand if you were asking to refund a server already deployed or similar but that is not the case, or does not appear to be.

I would be entirely comfortable if this went through the UK I could tell PayPal what i said above and they would agree it should be refunded. However there is far stronger consumer protection through regulation in the UK than other countries.

• @Lee said:
    All the armchair lawyer shit aside and regardless of the mistake or not they should give the money back. It is not an unreasonable request.

Minus the initial fee Virmach took by taking his self-induced funding, I agree. The fact that he tried to make them out to be the bad guy when they warned him that he'll get hit for a chargeback, well- let's just chalk that up to a misunderstanding.

He is adding credit to have it available for services, if he does not use it then it should be refunded on request. The whole it's in our terms is bs, I can understand if you were asking to refund a server already deployed or similar but that is not the case, or does not appear to be.

Granted, and agreed- but Virmach's prices tends to bring them the scourge of the internet. That's why they put these terms in place. Had he opened a ticket rather than chatted with their rather poor first-level chat support, he probably would have been refunded.

Virmach is now at the point that they can't do much- if they refund him, people will learn that making a poor post on LET will likely get you refunded, even when it's due to your own stupidity.

I would be entirely comfortable if this went through the UK I could tell PayPal what i said above and they would agree it should be refunded. However there is far stronger consumer protection through regulation in the UK than other countries.

If he truly did it by 'accident' (somehow magical which does not involve inebriation), it's still a default of $5. Black Friday will be here in a couple weeks, and he could likely get some nice OVZs and flip them here afterwards. There is no rule on LET that says you can't resell your VPS as a user to other users.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

@wss I am setting aside the fact I think the op is a dick and all that I would usually have to say about that.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: I’m going to buy something from Virmach to see how this shit works.