Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When I asked Virmach for refund, they threatened to charge me more.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@kvm said:
    For such profiteers, you do not need kindness, you should paypal dispute in the end, I bought a vps, ip is gfw sealed off, I change the ip also asked to pay fees, I asked for a refund.

And then you’re surprised that so many hosts here outright block orders from China.

@jiggawattz said:

There are other methods of resolving disputes and they are regulated in a contract with your host.

Yes, but the OP did that (opened a support ticket) and didn't get a proper response.

The response was proper. Virmach had right to deny this request. From the Customer Service point of view it might not been the wiser of choices, but it was according to the contract. Any further redress via CC/Bank/PayPal would only happen if OP committed a fraud by deceiving their payment provider. Simple as that.

OP on the other hand should have familiarised him/herself with the contract before pushing any buttons, including the one when he ticked that he accepts the contract at the point of registration.

Have a good Sunday

Thanked by 1jar
  • AnthonySmith said: I accidentally gave someone £25 once.. oh wait, no I didn't, that would be ridiculous.

That's funny because I did send someone money by mistake (wrote a 5 instead of a 6) and I called the guy up later. Guess what happened?

He returned my fucking money like most people would. Nice to know you're not one of those.

Clouvider said: Shady? That’s not shady. Had you Disputed / charged back a payment with us, you’d have debt collectors after you the next day, at your cost.

To do a PayPal Dispute or Chargeback you need to commit fraud - as no bank nor PayPal will open any such thing when you tell them that you willingly paid or entered any subscription agreement. Fraud this side of the world is illegal. There’s no compassion for fraudsters, so yeah, own up to your mistake and learn from it.

Sounds like it's shit on your side of the world mate. Toss threats at someone who gives a rats ass.

• Nekki said: Wat? That's not how it works, at least not in the UK.

UK isn't that scary since their constant global decline for as far as I can remember and you won't spend that money to go after a US or Chinese customer. Again, spending $$$ to recoup $ or less than $.

I mean a provider has all customers of his own country?

• @Clouvider Really? I do not think so

• Clouvider said: And then you’re surprised that so many hosts here outright block orders from China.

While some spend some money, get Chinese staff/translators, understand the Chinese and see them as a partner rather than some problem due to shortsightedness and believing that collections actually works. I'd believe in the tooth fairy over that.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

doughmanes said: UK isn't that scary since their constant global decline for as far as I can remember and you won't spend that money to go after a US or Chinese customer. Again, spending $$$ to recoup $ or less than $.

I mean a provider has all customers of his own country?

Are you suggesting that the UK is the only country that has debt collectors that take their fee from the debtor? I'm not saying you're wrong, but that sounds mental.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • 10.50 GBP sent to collections, how much will you get back?
    What is there to gain?
    You can sell debt to collectors and that gets sold to somebody else, then somebody else like how the US used to do student loans

Definitely mental thinking that this is a solution.

@doughmanes said:
    10.50 GBP sent to collections, how much will you get back?

£10.50

Thanked by 1farnox
  • doughmanes said: 10.50 GBP sent to collections, how much will you get back? What is there to gain? You can sell debt to collectors and that gets sold to somebody else, then somebody else like how the US used to do student loans

Definitely mental thinking that this is a solution.

In the UK, if you're owned £10.50, you get your £10.50. It takes no more than filling out a form online or making a phone call.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

varunchopra said: That's funny because I did send someone money by mistake (wrote a 5 instead of a 6) and I called the guy up later. Guess what happened?

He returned my fucking money like most people would. Nice to know you're not one of those.

Well that's a bit different isn't it, obviously I would give you your money back.

Here is how I see it https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2456693/#Comment_2456693 happy to discuss, I am not saying I am 100% correct, no need to reduce things to the absurd to support a narrative though.

• Clouvider said:

£10.50

lol collectors work for free?

edited November 2017

@doughmanes said:

Clouvider said:

£10.50

No, in this context fraudster pays for them.
    Majority of large collectors work on no win no fee basis

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • varunchopra said: That's funny because I did send someone money by mistake (wrote a 5 instead of a 6) and I called the guy up later. Guess what happened? He returned my fucking money like most people would. Nice to know you're not one of those.

In many countries it would be a crime to spend money that has been erroneously transferred into your account. People have gone to jail for that.

• @kvm said:
    For such profiteers, you do not need kindness, you should paypal dispute in the end, I bought a vps, ip is gfw sealed off, I change the ip also asked to pay fees, I asked for a refund.

Are you impersonating Mr. Torvalds?

@Clouvider said:

@doughmanes said:

Clouvider said:

£10.50

No, in this context fraudster pays for them.
    Majority of large collectors work on no win no fee basis

And obviously you must be aware that the costs are higher.

If one chargebacks £10.50 fraudulently, not only the £10.50 is due, but also the chargeback fee, cost to prepare evidence, etc. It easily becomes 3 digits cost for hosts that can rightly be recovered.

Thanked by 2Nekki mikho
  • kvmkvm Member
    edited November 2017

@angstrom Sorry, the reply was wrong

@kvm said:
    @angstrom Are you the spokesperson of virmach?

I don’t understand what you’re talking about.

Anyone is free to express themselves here as they see fit. I don’t see @angstrom violating any rules here.

Attempt of censorship shouldn’t be a normal reaction if you disagree with someone.

• kvmkvm Member
    edited November 2017

@Clouvider Sorry, the reply was wrong

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

When does stupidity come into affect? You just don't go around clicking a button that says add funds and think it will not do anything? Where is your common sense? How do you "accidentally" send someone money? Again it falls on you to verify that information. Again, where is the owning up to the mistake and living with the consequences. If you drive a car and get a speeding ticket. For the op will pass on the blame the car because it was the car's responsibility to monitor the speed and control the gas pedal? No it would fall on him as the one operating the car.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

doughmanes said: lol collectors work for free?

Nekki said: Are you suggesting that the UK is the only country that has debt collectors that take their fee from the debtor? I'm not saying you're wrong, but that sounds mental.

LOL, indeed.

Thanked by 2Clouvider mikho
  • Clouvider said: I don’t understand what you’re talking about.

Boilerplate response to undermine any opposing opinion - 'I can't be wrong therefore anyone holding an opposing position must work for the provider'.

Absolutely ridiculous logic but surprisingly prevalent.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • UK's world empire belittled to collections threats on VPS accounts. Sad state of the empire.

• What's the success rate on collections?

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

FoxelVox said: are you his lawyer or smh?

>
    @FoxelVox i am using virmach service and got such payment issue in past. i hope due to my reply they added a message on payment page. So none going to complain again with this issue. Thanks @virmach

Before : http://prntscr.com/h6dzvk

After : https://i.imgur.com/hcBdndI.png

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

doughmanes said: UK's world empire belittled to collections threats on VPS accounts. Sad state of the empire.

Empire's long gone. Should never have existed.

doughmanes said: What's the success rate on collections?

Very high, a guy I used to work with is a glassware supplier, what almost always happens is the collectors turn up and he gets a phone call paying the bill rather than have their shit seized for auction.

People think he won't do it for £25, but if he let all the little ones go he'd be effectively giving away a pallet of glass jars every six months.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Refunds should be paid off in food supplies sent to the custommer. There, everybody wins, or loses, whatever.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    When does stupidity come into affect? You just don't go around clicking a button that says add funds and think it will not do anything? Where is your common sense? How do you "accidentally" send someone money?

The payment was automatic, he probably expected to be redirected to PayPal.

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • @VPSlices said:

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    When does stupidity come into affect? You just don't go around clicking a button that says add funds and think it will not do anything? Where is your common sense? How do you "accidentally" send someone money?

The payment was automatic, he probably expected to be redirected to PayPal.

Then either way he was expecting to pay it and the fact it was taken automatically is irrelevant?

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2017

PieNotEvenEaten said: How do you "accidentally" send someone money?

We kind of had this discussion in a previous thread... accidental overpayments are actually quite common due to the unintuitive way that PayPal subscriptions work

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/124142/pageclick-brief-review-please-don-t-do-business-this-way/p1

But nevertheless, @Virmach shouldn't really be questioning why the OP accidentally clicked the "Add Funds" button. It costs nothing to refund this and actually saves time from having to defend herself on this forum.

Clouvider said: The response was proper. Virmach had right to deny this request. From the Customer Service point of view it might not been the wiser of choices, but it was according to the contract. Any further redress via CC/Bank/PayPal would only happen if OP committed a fraud by deceiving their payment provider. Simple as that.

OP on the other hand should have familiarised him/herself with the contract before pushing any buttons, including the one when he ticked that he accepts the contract at the point of registration.

Well if @Virmach wants to be strict and hard about something buried in the terms, then I think we should contact PayPal about Virmach's infringement of section 8.2 of the PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement

You must offer PayPal as a payment option together with the other payment options you offer. The PayPal acceptance mark must be displayed with equal prominence to the logos for your other payment options. You shall not discriminate against PayPal, nor discourage its use, as a payment option over any other payment option offered by you.

Encouraging use of credit cards and offering BTC at 10% discount is a clear violation.

Thanked by 3doughmanes dnwk lonea
  • @jiggawattz said:

Well if @Virmach wants to be strict and hard about something buried in the terms, then I think we should contact PayPal about Virmach's infringement of section 8.2 of the PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal Agreement

You must offer PayPal as a payment option together with the other payment options you offer. The PayPal acceptance mark must be displayed with equal prominence to the logos for your other payment options. You shall not discriminate against PayPal, nor discourage its use, as a payment option over any other payment option offered by you.

Encouraging use of credit cards and offering BTC at 10% discount is a clear violation.

Off you go then mate, that’s the second threat you’ve mate, as you say it’s a clear violation, so crack on with your civic duty and see if you can get their PayPal suspended.

Thanked by 1bib