Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway: "low of stock" / "out of stock"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway: "low of stock" / "out of stock"

Today I tried to launch a VM at Scaleway and saw "Temporarily out of stock" (for x86 in Paris) and "Low of stock" for others. Reminded me of well-known Online.net "Victim of its success" epitaph line on the sold-out items.

Strangely, no notes of the out of stock condition in their blog. It would be interesting to know, whether that's expected "victim of its success" event...

Scaleway matches our testing needs much better than DO, but looks like it's DO again...

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2017

Thats not the first time, that they run low, last time it took weeks to restock.

A lot of people got fucked, always keep in mind, the cloud is limited to physical things.
    Its not endless.

If you just deploy for testing and destroy it after a few minutes, you may run into some issues soonTM.

Another reason to buy dedi's.

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited November 2017

@Neoon said:
    Thats not the first time, that they run low, last time it took weeks to restock.
    If you just deploy for testing and destroy it after a few minutes, you may run into some issues soonTM.

Unlikely. At DO, there's no problem to re-create the VM out of snapshot and get rid of it in a few hours, and do that again (and again)+ . Using dedicated is an overkill in such a case.

Normally, we test everything on intranet-based VMs, which can take a few seconds to re-deploy, but at times we need real-life IPs and real-life VMs from known providers.

Their Support response wasn't reassuring, either. "Yes, we are out of stock, I can't tell for how long". Fine.

• Online.net in a nutshell

• halloween scared all the nodes full.

• @Neoon said:

It’s really not.