Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Online Storage that is better than Mega.nz's 50GB offer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Online Storage that is better than Mega.nz's 50GB offer?

subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

I am looking for free online storage drive like Mega, Hubic with a minimum storage of 100GB for gratis.

Do you know any?

Happy Halloween to all!

Comments

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

look at this service https://fex.net/ very convenient service

1TB storage = $2/mo.

7 days free

• @GTHost said:
    look at this service https://fex.net/ very convenient service

1TB storage = $2/mo.

7 days free

Albeit not free forever.

• Easy.

2x Mega.nz accounts.

• @Yura said:
    Easy.

2x Mega.nz accounts.

Make that double :).

• stackstorage

• subjugatingsubjugating Banned, Member

@dragon1993 said:
    stackstorage

Link? If it is the one by TransIP, then I tried it, got a code too, but when I sign up, they say people from India cannot get an account with us.

• What comfort is there in going for these free options? They will, in the long run, be canned due to unprofitability leaving you with your data uploaded in the C L O U D and with very few 'free' alternatives.

@DarudeSandstorm Because they don't have money and other than Hubic's offer most of them are charging hefty amount.

• @xaoc

I cannot fathom the amount of over-committing they do. 200,000 users, subtract 50% for active users -- 100,000 users * 0.1TB = 10,000 TB = 10PB. Ouch.

• https://dattodrive.com

Its using owncloud/nextcloud platform...

freeBTC

• My university Email account is still available after graduating for many years, so I used it to register onedrive and got 1TB storage.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited November 2017

@dontrix123 said:
    https://dattodrive.com

Its using owncloud/nextcloud platform...

Where is it based? Where is it hosted? Looks like a really good option.

@VMVPS said:
    My university Email account is still available after graduating for many years, so I used it to register onedrive and got 1TB storage.

Ok that is good for you. But how would it help me? Can I sign up for the same?

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • @cipher said:

@VMVPS said:
    My university Email account is still available after graduating for many years, so I used it to register onedrive and got 1TB storage.

Ok that is good for you. But how would it help me? Can I sign up for the same?

Buy an edu email for a few $?

• Getting backup space fraudulently is a great way to start a winterhost.

Thanked by 1netomx

@deluxe No thanks!

@WSS No man! It is not.

Thanked by 1deluxe
  • pay only $10/year, and give me your *@gmail.com, i will assign unlimited google drive storage to you. (this DO NOT share with your existing free 15GB) pm if interested.

• ah didn't see the threat request properly that you requires FREE storage better than mega.nz 50GB. my apology.

• @al3xt said:
    pay only $10/year, and give me your *@gmail.com, i will assign unlimited google drive storage to you. (this DO NOT share with your existing free 15GB) pm if interested.

Ypur going to assign a team drive to him?

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2017

transip stackstorage - 1tb for free

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deluxe said: Buy an edu email for a few $?

WSS said: Getting backup space fraudulently is a great way to start a winterhost.

Quoting my local community college's web site: "Tuition for residents is $104 per credit. Most classes are 1 to 4 credits each."

That's Portland so it's over priced, but still - sign up for a class, get your .edu, $104 later you get all the deals. And since it's community college they won't throw you out when you fail the class because you never attended...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    That's Portland

I'm so, so sorry.

WSS said: I'm so, so sorry.

Not as sorry as me.

• @raindog308 said:

>

That's Portland so it's over priced, but still - sign up for a class, get your .edu, $104 later you get all the deals. And since it's community college they won't throw you out when you fail the class because you never attended...

I don't know about that. In some colleges you just sign up and don't register for class - still get the email. But you don't even have to bother - you can just buy one for cheap and let others figure out what where how all the loopholes etc.

• @raindog308 said:

WSS said: I'm so, so sorry.

Not as sorry as me.

At least you have a catchy tune...

All we have is "Whores, Gamblin' 'n' Fires!" Not quite as amusing.

deluxe said: I don't know about that. In some colleges you just sign up and don't register for class - still get the email. But you don't even have to bother - you can just buy one for cheap and let others figure out what where how all the loopholes etc.

I was semi-serious but one year I took a single class just for interest and realized that even though I was a middle-aged professional, I now had a student ID and .edu mail.

Heck, I think I'm still using some academic license software I bought during that period...

• snickerpopsnickerpop Member
    edited November 2017

Just be careful of what you download. If your using a .edu or business email

For some of those programs. Your admin has access to all your information.

• @snickerpop said:
    Just be careful of what you download. If your using a .edu or business email

For some of those programs. Your admin has access to all your information.

Not all: only the metadatas, plus quota.