Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WANTED: 5 dedicated servers in 5 data centers at least 500 miles from each other
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WANTED: 5 dedicated servers in 5 data centers at least 500 miles from each other

Hello,

I'm looking to acquire 5 dedicated servers (or VPSes) in 5 different data centers, where each DC is at least 500 miles from all others. This will be for running SQL Server on Windows Server. I only want to use DCs in democratic countries. I was thinking of 3 DCs in North America and 2 in Western Europe, but that isn't in stone.

Requirements of each server are:

• 4 cores (exactly) of at least 3GHz (preferably with 8 threads)
  • 32 GB RAM minimum
  • SSD drive, 250 GB minimum
  • At least 50 TB of bandwidth per month (or the equivalent, which is at least 200 Mbps unmetered)
  • Either Windows Server Standard, or ability to install it myself from ISO with my own license
  • DDoS Protection

These servers don't need to come from the same provider. If they do, then I'd want to make sure that there's no shared infrastructure that could fail and bring down multiple DCs.

Now for the hard part... I'd like to keep the price of each server under $150 if it includes the OS, or under $120 if I bring my own OS license. I also need the terms of service to be fine with heavy usage, and not have ridiculous terms such as customers having to insure the server (like in OVH's terms).

Comments

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

We can offer you Chicago, Toronto and Frankfurt

E3-1265Lv3, 32Gb, 240GB SSD (DWPD 5), IPMI, 200Mbit/s Unmetered Unshared - $69/mo

Check our looking glass https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

Our Instant Servers ready in 5 mins w/o OS and 10-12 mins with Linux OS. More 100 Instant Server available.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited October 2017

I can help you get servers in Piscataway, Miami and Los Angeles. Link here.

All 3 would include 20Gbps DDoS protection, a /29 IP block, 1Gbps port, IPMI.

Feel free to drop by my live chat and I could work out a custom solution for you as well if you're interested.

Edit: includes 10TB transfer.

• Then for europe you could go with OVH in france, and hetzner in germany. Only downside is that hetzner has 30TB bw, but it comes with free incoming bandwidth, and additional bw is about 1.5 usd per tb

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Have a look at Clouvider for London, we can squeeze 50 TB in the budget. https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-and-colocation/dedicated-servers/

Would love to win your business :-).

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

We can help you with multiple locations:

http://lg.lax.psychz.net/

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Fancy any servers in HK or Lithuania :-)?

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Can provide you a server in London Docklands, will beat any other UK provider on price. We have in-house Corero based DDoS protection with attack statistics available on your dashboard.

PM me for a deal/price.

• uncageduncaged Member
    edited November 2017

Thanks for the suggestions so far. GTHost, Clouvider and Zare look good. ServerHand and Clouvider are too expensive for enough bandwidth.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@uncaged said:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. GTHost, Clouvider and Zare look good. ServerHand and Clouvider are too expensive for enough bandwidth.

We can work out the bandwidth, that’s not a problem. Do get in touch via PM or contact form if interested, we can discuss the options that will both give you great connnectivity that our Customers enjoy, as well as meet your bandwidth and budget needs.

Looking forward to speaking with you :-).

D

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2017

Hetzner E3 is an easy choice. The additional bandwidth is one of the cheapest (you may even end up not paying an additional cent on transfer overages, if your bandwidth usage ratio is roughly 2:1 - outbound:inbound).

Clouvider for UK is another solid choice if you have no issues with UK.

Worldstream NL has DDOS option too. I hear nice things on LET.

Thanked by 2Clouvider sayem314
  • RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

I can do New Jersey, Miami, Los Angeles and Germany if interested please let me know

• RapidDedi: only 10 TB, and I couldn't find a way to increase that. On going to the configurable options, they're duplicated on the page (sloppy programming).

• For those who are looking for similar servers, here are some companies I found who can satisfy my requirements:

Nocix.net
    DLXServers.com
    DigitalBerg.com
    SNTHostings.com
    ServerLoft.com
    UniHost.com
    SastaHost.com
    Rectified.net
    EasySpace.com
    WholesaleInternet.net
    GorillaServers.com
    Incero.com
    Zare.com
    GTHost.com
    Server4You.com
    XSoftHost.com
    AheadHost.com
    OVH.com
    RouterHosting.com
    Clouvider.co.uk
    GameServerBilling.com

This was less than half of the companies I looked into. Those others either didn't offer the resources I need, or charged more than what I want to pay.

Of those I found, the ones that seem to have the best value include Nocix.net, Zare.com, WholesaleInternet.net, Incero.com, and GTHost.com.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Nocix IS Wholesale, FWIW.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

There are a number of providers that can satisfy these requirements, your budget is within reason. I think testing the network performance would be the difference.

• Another contender at a good price: wattaserver.com. $117/mo: Xeon E3-1231v3 (4 cores, 8 threads) @3.4GHz, 32GB DDR3 1600, 2x240GB SSD, 1Gbps unmetered, 10GB/sec DDoS protection, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, in Paris or Montreal. Or, for same price: Intel i7-4790K @4GHz but with only 1 240GB SSD. Thanks to OneilOnline.

• Your budget is fair. You should do some testing and make sure there is one backhaul provider in common between your servers. That way they get a fast hop between them. Most looking glass websites have the ability to trace a custom IP. Lower the ping between them and hops as much as possible and confirm multiple decent quality providers will be given. Level 3, He.net, Telia, Cogent in my opinion give the best routes state side at least.

• sureiam: great advice, thank you!