Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need immediate help, got this email from OVH - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need immediate help, got this email from OVH

2»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    Make your client aware that such downtime CAN happen before he signs the contract. Atleast that's what I tell them face to face everytime (talking about my webhosting clients).

I think the majority would be wondering why they need to be in three places at once- little alone trying to wrap their head around all three being inaccessible.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:

@Ympker said:
    Make your client aware that such downtime CAN happen before he signs the contract. Atleast that's what I tell them face to face everytime (talking about my webhosting clients).

I think the majority would be wondering why they need to be in three places at once- little alone trying to wrap their head around all three being inaccessible.

That's why I only tell them the nature of (web-)hosting and mentally prepare them for such incidents. Only if they specifically ask for my setup I explain it to them. Though they rarely ever do. Most are non geeks anyway and even less would know how to monitor their website uptime let alone notice a downtime of even a couple hours (if it happened).We're talking artists, small stores etc which only check their website when they need to (e.g. write a blog post /update) and usually stay faaar away from the techy things.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    We're talking artists, small stores etc which only check their website when they need to (e.g. buy more vape) and usually stay faaar away from the mental things.

Gotcha.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WSS said:

@Ympker said:
    We're talking artists, small stores etc which only check their website when they need to (e.g. buy more vape) and usually stay faaar away from the mental things.

Gotcha.

Aight :D Just wanted to make sure I do make sense at this point. Anyway there are of course scenarios where explaining downtime can get you in a real pinch.