Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review how my site looks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review how my site looks

HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Hi, could I get some opinions on my site ?

If you have suggestions like info is confusing, info is not relayed properly etc or the site plain sucks, please let me know !

Site Link

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Can I rent a koala for petting?

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 2Frameworks bersy

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited October 2017

That dude with the fuzzy face doesn't look like a Koala.

Your site design is haphazard. You use smaller sizes on the header, but some of your menu is "Fuck your eyeballs" large for the options for locale, and then it goes back down to tiny text links.

The 99.9 % UPTIME GUARAN-text breaks off, and the boxes are bizarrely different colors, rather than the boxes within them being the lighter color with a darker bordering box.

There's not a lot of content, but the changes between styles makes it look very unfocused, and somehow it's really obnoxious with eggplant on orange.

Please pay someone to make it not suck.

• So all you're doing is resell BuyShared hosting with a koala flavor and price ? Nice.

• Looks very much like those overused html5 templates.
    Plus i spot some rockets :0

Thanked by 2Falzo Quinten
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2017

Terms of Service are atrocious. Are you Host Koal, HostKoala or Host Koala?

Money Back Guarantee
    Only your first purchase with Host Koal is eligible for a full refund
    All refunds must be requested within 45 days of purchase date.
    Refunds may take up to 7 business days to process

Uptime Guarantee
    If services falls below 99.9% uptime, HostKoala will provide a half month refund.
    Host Koala is not responsible for any lost of financial gain in case of downtime.
    If service falls below 99% uptime, HostKoala will provide a full refund for that month.

Thanked by 2Aidan jetchirag
  • Is this the TeraHost template?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2017

@sdglhm said:
    Is this the TeraHost template?

TeraHoster I believe.

/* TeraHoster

*Some info about Theme Creator:
    * Name: Pleurat
    * Version: 1.0
    * Author/Team: Themekolor

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

You know koalas have a nasty pee smell from, well, peeing on themselves.

• What's include under "Free SEO optimization"??

• AkitoAkito Member
    edited October 2017

Your PTR hasn't been set. Doomed to fail for spam filters.
    Whois refers to gmail email. Not too much professional imho.
    The address in your whois info shows a residential place. Not a no-no but given the gmail address I wouldn't bet my money on receiving the best support when the shit hits the fan.

You just have 1 dedicated server in each location. At least, that's what I get from reading https://hostkoala.com/serverspec.html. No fail over server per location in case one dedi collapses?

Just for curiousity: your company consists of 4 people. The founder, 1 Sysadmin, 1 head of marketing, 1 head of support. Why so many heads on 4 people? Who are they head of if there's just 4 people of whom 1 is the founder / president?

Sorry, has nothing to do with the layout of your site. But lots of bells are ringing just giving it a quick look.

Thanked by 1Quinten
  • @24x7servermanagement said:
    What's include under "Free SEO optimization"??

Delivering sitemap.xml to google webmaster tools.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • bersybersy Member
    edited October 2017

It looks slike one of those typical starter templates + BABY KOALA logo for $0.99.

Hmm so I guess I should :
    1) Change the logo
    2) Make menu text larger
    3) Make some headers text smaller & make the font sizes more consistent throughout the site

I'll look into em and make changes tomorrow, thanks lads!

• this site needs approval of @quick first. He may also ask you not to ask again.

• @ehab said:
    this site needs approval of @quick first. He may also ask you not to ask again.

Goofyass design

Thanked by 1MasonR
    edited October 2017

Maybe I should go for simplicity and just use the basic FlatHost template ? I bought that too from themeforest years ago.

I've updated my whois info ( but the registar says it may take up to 5 days to show the changes ) and am gonna do PTR today

Thanks again for the advice !

• @Hostlovin said:
    Maybe I should go for simplicity and just use the basic FlatHost template ? I bought that too from themeforest years ago.

I've updated my whois info ( but the registar says it may take up to 5 days to show the changes ) and am gonna do PTR today

Thanks again for the advice !

I like the FlatHost template. But I also don't mind your current one. It's not perfect but the main problem is the content and the organisation of content.

edited October 2017

So, I just edited FlatHost template this time, and hopefully everything looks neater and better this time, any new thoughts ? Contact form isn't working atm, I'll be looking into that later today ~

Thanks in advance !

Also to answer a few other questions :
    @WSS I hope this new one headers look better this time, I guess there's little content, but FlatHost is very simple and clean, and I hope it does not look as messy as the old one was.

@24x7servermanagement , @quick I removed the SEO optimization thingy, I actually drafted a small guide from gathering from the top 5 guides I found on google, and have sent the same draft to 3 of my customers who asked for SEO optimization, and offered them to do the steps on their behalf if they wanted. ATM the new site advertise that, might put it back if you think what I did is okay.

@corbpie I like BuyShared rockets too, I don't have rockets anymore.. I think

@sdglhm Yes it was TeraHoster but I changed to FlatHost

@Ho-ost Thanks for the heads up on my ToS

@Akito Hmm my current host sends out mail from a different set of IPs and so far mail goes through without problems.. Also I got a reseller plan from BuyShared and msp, both whom are pretty reputable especially around LET, i think it's safe.. Also removed the server specs page to avoid confusion i suppose !

As suggested by numerous people, I also got rid of the Koala !

I am open to more suggestions, even if you think I made things worse, I'll try to improve the site.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanked by 2iki MichaelCee