Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have problems with FailOver IP OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have problems with FailOver IP OVH?

Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2017 in Providers

Hi!

In manual was writing: https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/network-ipaliasing/#debian-derivatives

If I do a similar thing with another OVH network, then everything works.

• If after the configuration your IP doesn’t answer to ping, please contact our support.

The manual even says that if it does not work write to support.

We are doing VPS based on OVH servers, and here the problem is that the network does not work, and the Lithuanian (LT) support does not believe in it.

I configured 47 servers and everything works. It does not work here for the first time.

Comments

• I have same problem.
    I ordered 8 IPs, they work fine.
    then I ordered just 1 IP, no matter what I try it doesn't work.
    support is bad. they can't help it.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

You have to boot the server in a Rescue mode (provided you have no important data there yet), add that IP, then create a support ticket from OVH panel (instead of writing directly to LT support) and provide them with the root password to investigate.

I had the similar issue with 2 IP addresses not working out of /27 block, but I stopped after they asked me to reboot in Rescue mode since I already had a production stuff there.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

You have to boot the server in a Rescue mode (provided you have no important data there yet), add that IP, then create a support ticket from OVH panel (instead of writing directly to LT support) and provide them with the root password to investigate.

I installed a clean Debian 8 OS from their templates, there is no data there. And gave root password access support.

They replied:

We can not apply to technicians, since they will ask us ifconfig and settings.

In 3:58 PM, IP was 5.196.111.160 just started pinging. We decided with support, but they argued yesterday that it does not work. Messages with a dozen are written.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Vova1234 said: We are doing VPS based on OVH servers, and here the problem is that the network does not work, and the Lithuanian (LT) support does not believe in it.

I guess the resolution is to find a provider that actually cares.

edited October 2017

I guess the resolution is to find a provider that actually cares.

We work in the CIS (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azejbaryan, Turkmenistan & etc), there is no such place anywhere, and if there is something it is very expensive.
    We do everything openly. For example, VPS nodes are just a small corner of projects.
    Our nodes: https://vm.center/2017/07/good-node/abcd-vy-mozhete-pereprodavat-nashi-vds.html

For example, we do the nodes only via cheap IP and it's cool, that it all works on autopilot.
    Automation, good network and cheapness decide a lot. OVH so far falls under these requirements. Other data center is not very.

• UrDNUrDN Member
    edited October 2017

You are using net-tools and aliasing, this is quite deprecated. You should use iproute2.

Remove everything from the auto eth0:0 and put something like that instead:

iface eth0 inet static
            address 5.196.111.160/32

Reboot and if it does not work, show us your addresses and routes.

ip -4 addr show dev eth0
    ip -4 route show dev eth0

Or is it fixed?

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited October 2017

Yes. They corrected everything. Problems were on their side.

These are the servers with Runabove 08/12/2016. We bought when they were cheaper and immediately to the network /28. Servers bought a lot, servers were taken away, and we transferred IP to other servers.