Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geo DNS Routing Provider request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Geo DNS Routing Provider request

vpsguyvpsguy Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Hello,

Any provider where they can example : route USA requests to ServerA and Asian traffic to serverB of same domain ?

Budget max $15 per month. Queries 10million pm average.

Comments

• If location are just example, may check buyvm anycast

• jetchirag said: buyvm anycast

but it requires i need to have vps with them. I current at DO and Linode

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1vpsguy
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Good choice.> @PUSHR_Victor said:

Good choice.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@gbshouse rage4.com

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Check NS1. Works really well!

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@jetchirag said:
    If location are just example, may check buyvm anycast

If location is just an example then you can do our Anycast network with 6 PoPs (and expanding). And you don't need 6 services, just one. :)

• Route 53

Thanked by 1Noxxy
  • Same asking here, is there any providers support more specific geo routing, such as by cities / states, particularly Australia?

Checked with Route53 which is impossible for Australia right now.

• @GreenVine said:
    Same asking here, is there any providers support more specific geo routing, such as by cities / states, particularly Australia?

ap-southeast-2 is based in Sydney.

x2 for Route 53.

• @Noxxy said:

@GreenVine said:
    Same asking here, is there any providers support more specific geo routing, such as by cities / states, particularly Australia?

x2 for Route 53.

Nah, I meant Route53’s geo routing feature only deepens to country level in terms of Australia. You can’t, say resolve 1.2.3.4 for visitors come from Sydney and 2.3.4.5 for Melbourne

• WSSWSS Member

It kills me that all of these offers start with one zone. Yes, building and serving does cost you a bit, but starting at $10/mo for 50 records (for instance).. yeah, no. I'll setup my own gdnsd/PowerDNS cluster over a weekend and let it pay for itself after the 4th domain.

• @GreenVine said:

@Noxxy said:

@GreenVine said:

x2 for Route 53.

Nah, I meant Route53’s geo routing feature only deepens to country level in terms of Australia. You can’t, say resolve 1.2.3.4 for visitors come from Sydney and 2.3.4.5 for Melbourne

Gotcha. But you're trying to shave ~10ms?

• WSSWSS Member

If you're trying to make bits of Oz faster, I'd talk to @Oliver.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited October 2017

GreenVine said: Nah, I meant Route53’s geo routing feature only deepens to country level in terms of Australia. You can’t, say resolve 1.2.3.4 for visitors come from Sydney and 2.3.4.5 for Melbourne

For that precision use constellix.com geodns proximity + geo ip filter feature. I use constellix and amazon route53 for geodns for my domains. Will be more costly for your budget but if you need per city level geodns precision, constellix.com is it https://constellix.com/dns/geo-dns-services/. Constellix is from owners of DNSMadeEasy which I also use myself :)

I use GeoDNS to direct to my geographically dispersed backend servers located in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas, New York/New Jersey, Sydney and Melbourne.

docs http://help.constellix.com/creating-a-geo-filter-rule/

IP Filters allow you to configure fully granular country, state or subnet defined global traffic direction. Rules can be defined for different regions that can then be applied on a per record basis across multiple domains.

http://help.constellix.com/creating-a-geo-proximity-rule/

The Geo Proximity feature allows system administrators to specify the location, or the longitude & latitude of their hosted servers (datacenter locations). The powerful Constellix GeoIP engine will automatically calculate which server is closest to the end querying client in real-time, providing clients with the most optimized resolution speeds to reach your content.

I've evaluated and use several geodns solutions and fastest is constellix, then cloudflare load balancer with geodns steering and then amazon route53 geodns/geo latency services. I predominantly use amazon route53 though as it cheaper than constellix and cloudflare once you factor in dns healthchecks and failovers etc.

FYI, Cloudflare Load Balancer used to be called Traffic Manager