Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Armorshark]53% OFF FOR LIFE! | 1.5Gb RAM 50Gb SSD VPS Located in Choopa, NJ for $7/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Armorshark]53% OFF FOR LIFE! | 1.5Gb RAM 50Gb SSD VPS Located in Choopa, NJ for $7/month

RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
edited August 2013 in Offers

Armorshark

Read a few of our client reviews and discover why Armorshark is a match for your VPS needs:

1. Trevor, via WHT post

I personally never tried linode before, but I can vouch for a company called armorshark. I have 3 VPS servers with them for around 2 months without any issues. Prices are the cheapest I've seen in the industry by far as well. PM me if you want more information regarding my experience.

2. Reed H., client of 8 months, via support ticket

I will no longer be requiring your VPS services beyond this billing cycle. Thank you for your excellent hosting and know that my decision is not reflective on your companies services. I have and will continue to refer people to your hosting solutions because they offer a cost effective balance of power and usability. Thanks for hosting my server.

3. Konstantin Boyandin of VPSeer.com, test VPS, via support ticket

I was surprised at the speeds of your disk and network. Your VPS offering is better than most of the other providers I've tested thus far. Keep up the excellent work.

4. Gavin M., client of 4 months, via support ticket

I'd like to use you guys again in the future as the site worked perfectly for the client

5. Gerard D., client of 6 months, via support ticket

You guys offer way more than Linode for way cheaper. I'll be sticking with armorshark for a long time.

6. Malam Minggu, client of 6 months, via support ticket

Hello,

I love to be your costumer, I have 4 services on you working perfectly...
    >

Datacenter Information: Choopa datacenter in Piscataway, New Jersey. The absolute fastest network speeds on the East Coast. Our server and network hardware are 100% owned.

To introduce ourselves to LET, we are offering a phenomenal 53% off promotion.
Use code: HILET

Shark 1536OVZ
1536Mb RAM
1536Mb VSWAP
4x E1245 CPU Cores
50Gb RAID-10 SSD Storage (Intel 520, Samsung 840 Pro)
3500Gb Premium Bandwidth on a 1Gbps Port (No Cogent or Hurricane Electric)
1 IPv4 Address (rDNS available!)
16 IPv4 Addresses (rDNS available!)
TUN/TAP
Weekly Backups
Price: $15.00/month $7.00/month for life! | ORDER NOW!

Click here to view a list of available templates

FAQ
Where can I find a test IP and test file? Please send an email to [email protected] with heading "Test IP" or "Test File" and you'll receive a response shortly.

When will my VPS be setup? You'll receive your VPS details instantly after payment.

How can I pay? You can pay via Paypal or credit card. We are considering accepting Dwolla payments; send an email to [email protected] if this payment method interests you.

How long have you guys been in business? Armorshark, LLC has been in business since May 2010. We are registered in Virginia.

What support methods are available? We offer live chat, Skype, and ticket support.

What are your nodes built on? Our nodes use Intel Ivy Bridge E1245v2 CPUs, DDR3 ECC RAM, and enterprise Samsung and Intel SSDs (e.g. Cherry 520).

What can I use my VPS for? Check our Acceptable Usage Policy for the full run-down. Essentially, we allow most any activity that is legal under US law.

What operating system are available? See the list here.

Do you provide backups? Yes, each node is backed up weekly to an offsite storage cluster.

How do I contact you with pre-sales questions? Send in an email to [email protected] or use the live-chat feature on our website.

What is your refund policy? We offer a 3-day refund policy.

About Us
We are a registered LLC in the state of Virginia. Armorshark, LLC currently operates a corporate VPN network, a public VPN service (TigerVPNS.com with our custom-coded Android application), and a VPS hosting service. Our goal is to provide affordable and sustainable high-performance VPS for anyone who wants the speed of SSD arrays at a fraction of the price.

Comments

• vemacsvemacs Member
    edited August 2013

I'll be trying this out before I renew my NY droplet from DigitalOcean.

Side note: you appear to have reversed the digits in the title.

Edit: provisioned. Some minor slow ipv6 resolution issues upon provisioning, but they seem to have ironed out in the last minute (after running an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade).

• @vemacs said:
    I'll be trying this out before I renew my NY droplet from DigitalOcean.

Side note: you appear to have reversed the digits in the title.

We'd love to have you. As for the title error, thanks for pointing it out!

• vemacsvemacs Member
    edited August 2013

@RichardLeik said:
    We'd love to have you. As for the title error, thanks for pointing it out!

I/O seems to have some issues?

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 26.31 s, 40.8 MB/s

Not exactly SSD performance, IMO. On shark002 OpenVZ.

• @vemacs said:
    Not exactly SSD performance, IMO.

That's not normal. I'll look into it.

• All sign ups are being routed to other nodes while we work on this issue. You can expect IO of around 300 MB/s.

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.71601 seconds, 289 MB/s

• dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.60513 s, 412 MB/s

Not bad for a $7 VPS.

• doughnetdoughnet Member
    edited August 2013

Reason why CPU frequencies are limited to 1600mhz?

• CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 1600.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 1536 MB Total amount of swap : 1536 MB Download speed from CacheFly: 26.2MB/s Download speed from Linode, Fremont, CA: 16.7MB/s Download speed from Linode, Newark, NJ: 54.0MB/s Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 52.2MB/s Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 29.4MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.18MB/s Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 18.7MB/s Download speed from OVH, Beauharnois, QC, Canada: 55.0MB/s Download speed from OVH, Roubaix, France: 8.03MB/s Download speed from LeaseWeb, Haarlem, NL: 15.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.05MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 17.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 17.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 99.2MB/s I/O speed : 412 MB/s

• @doughnet said:

Intel SpeedStep enabled..

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@vemacs said:
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.60513 s, 412 MB/s

Not bad for a $7 VPS.

Bad for SSD drives, My SAS has a same result.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2013

Hey dude, why are your NS and A records all on the same IP? Also your NS and SOA records aren't configured properly.

Edit: Also your TOS&AUP are almost a word-by-word copy of http://www.titaniumservers.com/bbilling/index.php/tos

• Whats cost for additional IPs?

• vemacsvemacs Member
    edited August 2013

@key900: Better than DigitalOcean, 1/2 as good as RN.

Edit: For 1/2 the price as well.

• RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
    edited August 2013

@doughnet said:
    Whats cost for additional IPs?

$1.50 per, with justification.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Hey dude, why are your NS and A records all on the same IP? Also your NS and SOA records aren't configured properly.

Edit: Also your TOS&AUP are almost a word-by-word copy of http://www.titaniumservers.com/bbilling/index.php/tos

This TOS is used by several companies. I can tell you that Titanium is definitely not the creator.

• @doughnet said:

Intel SpeedStep dynamically limits the CPU when it is idle.

• Good prices

• jpsjjpsj Member

Does this apply to Shark 1024OVZ? Would like to give that a try

• RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
    edited August 2013

@jpsj said:
    Does this apply to Shark 1024OVZ? Would like to give that a try

Unfortunately, no. Shark1024OVZ can be discounted to $6 with code 4.50OFF

• The possible fraud, after payment 24 hours vps is PENDING, TK no one reply, request a refund is not and directly delete account, not receive a refund.no vps use.

• Scamtastic.

Paypal refunded after a decent period of non response from armorshark.

100% definitely scammers.