Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost - 50% off annual OpenVZ servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost - 50% off annual OpenVZ servers

2»

Comments

• tuxtux Member

@William said:
    No, only Poland has laws like this (charge anyone VAT except EU companies), all others that pocket the VAT from non EU customers are simply doing tax fraud.

Are you sure?

• is their port speed 100mbps or 1gbps? I've saw at somewhere saying that its 100mbps guaranteed, but 1gbps upgrade is possible?

p/s: its not really crucial for my applications but the faster the speed, the better?

@mpkossen said:
    I can definitely recommend these guys! They've got great prices and great service!

VAT removal works and is done easily when you request it in your order notes (or with a ticket).

• @wcypierre The port is advertised 100mbps guaranteed and this is the minimum that you would get. But in reality you should be able to achieve more than that speed.

• Got it. Just tested it as well. Good network speed + insanely good I/O speed(for this price range). now I've regretted that I've bought some vps from other providers :(

@torqhost said:
    wcypierre The port is advertised 100mbps guaranteed and this is the minimum that you would get. But in reality you should be able to achieve more than that speed.

• SolusVM is still disabled, correct?
    (or I use wrong/outdated address?)

• Yeah, torqhost is a very good provider, bought my 3rd vps with them now.

• they've shifted to their own inhouse panel.

@Spirit said:
    SolusVM is still disabled, correct?
    (or I use wrong/outdated address?)

• torqhosttorqhost Member
    edited August 2013

@wcypierre Yes, for openvz the panel is now different.

@Spirit Xen and KVM still use solusvm. Please open a support ticket so we can open up access for you.

@tr1cky Thank you

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Their own panel looks and feels quite nice. A friend of mine has 200 days+ uptime on his Level 0 KVM vps he uses for irc (client). I have 147 days of uptime, using it for occasional event streaming and as a spare vps for some webhosting.

@Spirit: Use fu.fu.fu.21 on port 80 instead of the old .19 ipaddress to reach the control panel.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited August 2013

@torqhost bout the panel, is it possible to parse the buffer/cache instead of the Mem? It scared me for a second when I saw my memory usage is 99% and when I did a free -m then only I noticed what happened.

• @chrisp thank you. No everyone has been moved to the new panel yet, this is still in progress. During the next week, everyone who has openvz with us will receive an email with the new login data. SolusVM is still blocked though.

@wcypierre This is planned for the future along with the load monitoring. The panel is not feature-complete at this point and we will integrate mysql offload and monitoring of servers into it as well as requested features (such as a separate non-cached memory usage graphs).

• @William said:
    Cannot recommend them, they are clearly violating EU laws on taxation.

I reported them to the EU and will do so with Estonian tax agency on Monday as well.

Why not report OVH too, they do this exactly the same way torq does with vat

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2013

No, OVH does not. Entirely different situation. (Hint: OVH does remove it as required, and if charged changes the invoices to not list it as VAT but as inclusive price)

And yes, i did report OVH in the past (and Digicube), both for tax issues and for refusal to sell to EU customers (as well as some German and Romanian hosts and a few companies in the UK that did the same) and various ISPs for dealing with countries or customers under embargo (Iran, Belarus - Ecatel for example has still some cases pending in NL)

This is the EU, if it seems suspicious i report it - Whats your problem with that?

• Placed an order, asking that VAT be removed as I'm Canadian. A new VAT-less invoice was issued promptly. No complaints there.

Awaiting account verification now (as my paypal is unverified) while tending to a stray cat with a broken leg. Nearest vet is ~8 hours away. Oh decisions....

• Nearest vet is ~8 hours away.

Do you live on the Moon?

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@serverian Moon takes longer not possible

• @serverian said:
    Do you live on the Moon?

No.

• been using Torq host for a long time, I love their service cheap and good.

Just bought 2 VPS for myself and 1 for a friend.

:)

• andrewandrew Member
    edited August 2013

I like them for good services and LEB prices :D

I'm with Torqhost over 1 year and network and hw both are in good state

I think the main server is connected to 1 Gb but i confirm that you will receive at least 100 Mb/s speed! lowest amount of I/O that i got was about 160MB but it usually goes over 400-500 MB

@William
    WTF man! here is LEB community and users are looking for cheap prices

Do you working for tax that striking a blow for those guys?!

• Do you working for tax that striking a blow for those guys?!

You can get a bonus from the EU for pointing out fraudulent schemes, yes, but not interested in that.

Again:
    If it seems suspicious - And this was now confirmed by more than a few people, including Estonian companies and citizens - i WILL report it.

That is why the report systems exists and for what it is to be used, to report things for others to investigate - If it is fine then there will be no problems, so the only ones that have something against it must have some interest in it....

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@William said: various ISPs for dealing with countries or customers under embargo (Iran, Belarus - Ecatel for example has still some cases pending in NL)

This is the EU, if it seems suspicious i report it - Whats your problem with that?

You need to support IRAN, boycott the illegal USA bullying and sanctions. It's another country in the Middle east that causes all the problems.

Stop censoring my posts.

• In regard to Williams post, I have contacted the local tax office just to be sure all is good. I will not right away that what I write below are not opinions or assumptions, these are requirements for how to handle VAT removal outlined by the tax office.

First of all, the statement that it is a buyers problem is completely false. In fact, the company selling the services is responsible for any verifications that need to be done prior to VAT removal from invoices. Failure to validate or having insufficient proof of validation will be classified as inadequate procedure and during an audit, the company will have to pay all the VAT they deducted from all the invoices. Simply having an invoice with buyers details outside of EU is not proof enough for VAT removal, period. And during an audit of the company, all such removed VAT will have to be paid to the local tax office.

Now for the check that we do for the matching paypal account, turns out this is insufficient proof as well. What is necessary is also a photo ID which confirms residence country.
    In case of companies with EU VAT or outside EU, a certificate of incorporation is required + photo ID of the person paying the invoice (in case of private individual) + documents confirming that persons ownership or any other position in the company to verify right to order for that company name.

Essentially, what this means is we have to do all verifications that large companies like OVH are doing, as this is what is required in order to deduct VAT.

If, on the other hand, such verification is not provided or deemed inadequate, the company has to charge standard VAT rate and declare it as a 20% VAT income (20% in case of EE).

If someone is thinking, that we pocket the VAT, MrX, this is not feasible in Estonia. Everything is electronic here, and if you read the news you will know this. Other people from Estonia here can confirm this. So all VAT monthly declarations are done on a special tax office portal. Should some company start declaring excessive 0% VAT income and asking for refunds, they will get audited pretty quickly. About 10 years ago while working for a startup company with funding coming from abroad, there was an audit do to excessive 0% VAT income and a VAT number was revoked from the company.

Again, if you do not agree with this, you can all our tax office (the phone number is on their web page) and complain that you do not agree with the tax code. I am not the one inventing these requirements. But, according to the data received from the tax office, the checks that we did were not over the top as was implied here, but actually not enough.

Thanked by 2andrew upfreak
    edited August 2013

Even with VAT and within the EU, the Torqhost deals are pretty good 256MB for $10, Urpad is doing it for $12, but the best deal is the BandwagonHost 512MB for $10 which is currently out of stock.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Torqhost isn't a provider in Germany or The Netherlands, those deals are really good.

@torqhost I wanted to place an order, but I can't log in the account I used in the past with you. The billing system doesn't let me create a new one with an email "wich already exists". But I try a password reset, no account is present with that email :P

Can you take a look? The mail is: me [at] nyr.be

• @Nyr I have changed your account status for you. You should be able to reset the password now.

@torqhost just placed an order, thanks for the fast attention as always :)

edited August 2013

@Nyr said:
    Torqhost isn't a provider in Germany or The Netherlands, those deals are really good.

Never said they were, UrPad has a UK presence which is a premium location, but for all intents and purposes, pings to Estonia, germany and UK are about the same. PS: @Nyr, you're still a thread-shitting arsehole!

@asterisk14 said:
    UrPad has a UK presence which is a premium location

URPad is not at a premium location in the UK at all.

@asterisk14 said:
    PS: Nyr, you're still a thread-shitting arsehole!

Ok, leave me alone.

• Routing is a bit rubbish from the UK, goes through nl, de, se then to ee, getting 85ms