Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

strange issue in one of my cpanel installs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

strange issue in one of my cpanel installs

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

hello

my server ip is : 111.111.111.111
with the name as my.mother.com

i have an account in this server with ip : 222.222.222.222
the domain name is mother.com

today when i tried to access the domain, the browser says "This site can’t be reached" error

when i try to ping the domain, the command prompt gives this error "Ping request could not find host mother.com. Please check the name and try again."

when i try to login in to my server via ssh and then ping the domain, it pings properly

when i try to access the ip 222.222.222.222, in the browser, i get the error page
"http://222.222.222.222/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi"

i have checked the dns, its fine, and the subdomains hosted via the dns are working fine

when i try to check the domain through onlinetools, it shows missing ipv4. but when i try to check the dns, from within the whmpanel, the ipv4 is there

i also deleted the domain and recreated it, but still no progress

if any one has any solution to it

thanks and regards

Comments

• Any sisters?

Why not contact cPanel Support? They offer a free first time setup I think.

• Sounds like a nameserver problem, what nameservers does the domain point to?

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i have opened a support ticket, but thinking if any quick help would be around

my support ticket is say around 55

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

have you changed anything recently on server? Have you had any error messages, like something failed to upgrade? Any error logs?

Thanked by 1agentmishra

@Ishaq said:
    Sounds like a nameserver problem, what nameservers does the domain point to?

i did some changes in the nameserver selection, but all in vain

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Ympker said: Why not contact cPanel Support? They offer a free first time setup I think.

Never thought they do change for support, as we did reported a bugs a several times and never charged for any of their mess.

Thanked by 1agentmishra

@WebProject said:

Ympker said: Why not contact cPanel Support? They offer a free first time setup I think.

Never thought they do change for support, as we did reported a bugs a several times and never charged for any of their mess.

they have two kinds of support, normal and priority. priority support is chargable

@WebProject said:
    have you changed anything recently on server? Have you had any error messages, like something failed to upgrade? Any error logs?

just hosted a few more domains on this server recently, but the concern is only one domain is giving such strange issue

• try to clean cache in your browser and test it from other machine

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • Try to restart ipaliases with below command:-

/etc/init.d/ipaliases restart

Thanked by 1agentmishra

it was indeed to do with dnssec

but the config is still under observation...

let see...