Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server reboot?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server reboot?

snickerpopsnickerpop Member
edited October 2017 in Help

Is there anything to be done if a server crashes
I don't know why but new server keeps closing out. I think maybe a program I had running is hanging somehow. Trying to ssh is not working

Is their anything I can do to get it working?
The service is ssdnode if that is helpful

Comments

• ValuedCloudValuedCloud Member
    edited October 2017

Define what you mean by crashing, is the server actually shutting down or does the ssh connection keeps closing.

• snickerpopsnickerpop Member
    edited October 2017

@ValuedCloud said:
    Define what you mean by crashing, is the server actually shutting down or does the ssh connection keeps closing.

ssh: connect to host 111.11.11.111 port 22: Connection timed out

• @snickerpop said:

@ValuedCloud said:

Is this a dedicated server or vps?

• snickerpopsnickerpop Member
    edited October 2017

@ValuedCloud said:

@snickerpop said:

@ValuedCloud said:

Is this a dedicated server or vps?

It is VPS. Maybe I should cut my losses get a refund, and just pick something else like wishost or Speedkvm

• Have you checked if the main node is up or down? Do you have access to the Java/HTML console, it should be in your virtualization panel.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

It is VPS. Maybe I should cut my losses get a refund, and just pick something else like wishost or Speedkvm

Have you opened a support ticktet with your provider, they can tell you if the node is having problems or it is you VPS that may have configuration problems, have you change SSH port, or if you run a firewall you maybe got locked out. Always you can ask your provider to install a fresh VPS if you think the VPS is the problem and you can restore your backup.

• @ValuedCloud said:
    Have you checked if the main node is up or down? Do you have access to the Java/HTML console, it should be in your virtualization panel.

Thanks for the help it started working again.
    They say that they disable console for security. Not sure what happened here, but maybe it was just a .01 event.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

@snickerpop said:
    They say that they disable console for security.

If their version of security is permanently disabling an important (secure) feature of a vps, and if the outage was the whole node without any communications you might want to consider alternatives anyway.

They sound clueless.

Edit: a quick google shows they've been around a while - if the above is an accurate description of what happened you should flag your experience up to their rep Matt. Not sure if he's on LET, but is mentioned on LEB.

• @vpsrus said:

Have you opened a support ticktet with your provider, they can tell you if the node is having problems or it is you VPS that may have configuration problems, have you change SSH port, or if you run a firewall you maybe got locked out. Always you can ask your provider to install a fresh VPS if you think the VPS is the problem and you can restore your backup.

I decided to switch the service was okay in my experience, but this and other things about the service makes me want to quit.