Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudsigma.com review - Zurich Location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudsigma.com review - Zurich Location

spekkspekk Member
edited August 2013 in Reviews

Hi,

Well, I have decided to try out cloudsigma just today, I know I should wait for some time before writing a review, but this time it is not needed. I do not usually write bad ones, but this one is very annoying and I think people should know about them.

I deposited 50 EUR, so I must mention I did not use the 'free trial' version, but the 'Premium' package.

I do not even know with what to start, but I will try to start with the fact that there is no static IP address, you need to pay extra for that, the normal plan comes with dynamic IP.

Anyway, now let's continue, the website is very tricky, no auto-installer (like @ digitalocean), you need to create a server, and then mount some hdd, some are preinstalled yes, but really outdated, I mean, I got debian 7, and it had the GUI preinstalled, anyway a terrible experience.

Now let's talk about the network:

[root@cloudsigma ~]# wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O /dev/null
--2013-08-17 20:41:35--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[============================================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600  345K/s   in 4m 34s  

2013-08-17 20:46:11 (374 KB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

This is what you get with the "small" droplets, if you have a large droplet you get a good network connection, but if you have a small one, your port is limited also, to basically nothing.

The HDD (SSD they say?):

[root@cloudsigma ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.03648 s, 178 MB/s

And that is virtio, I tried IDE mode, and I got 130MB/s.

Now finally about the price, you pay 50.72 EUR for 1 month (or 1.64 EUR/hour) month and you get:

1 x AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6380 2499.988 Mhz
2GB RAM
5GB SSD HDD (they say)

They also offer a 5 day trial period, but you need to verify your phone, they accept no free e-mails etc, basically a very bad service.
It is also worth mentioning you can only "add funds" in the amount of 50 EUR, no smaller amount is accepted.

Conclusion: stay away.

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@spekk for 50 eur u get dedicated server from anywhere, why even bother with such an expensive vps?

• spekkspekk Member
    edited August 2013

@xset I was interested in the CPU power, which is a waste also, with 10 cores I was obtaining 1/2 performance of DO 8 cores.

• jhjh Member

Not to mention the massive downtime they've had recently (I'm on their mailing list)