Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail hosting for 70 domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail hosting for 70 domains

modrowmodrow Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

I am looking for an affordable mail hosting provider.
I have ~70 domains and would like to be able to catch all emails and get them in one inbox. The service should also include email aliases, so that I can use some of the domains to send emails from them.

Any ideas?

Email hosting providers for multiple domains
  1. Best email hosting provider?59 votes
    1. Google Suite / Apps for Work
      44.07%
    2. Office 365 for Business
      11.86%
    3. Zoho Workspace
        3.39%
    4. Fastmail
        3.39%
    5. MXRoute
      37.29%

Comments

• Rackspace - cheap and (mostly) reliable. Good support too!

• Depend on your budget and storage, total email account.

If budget permit I'll get fastmail

• modrowmodrow Member
    edited October 2017

@sibaper said:
    Depend on your budget and storage, total email account.

If budget permit I'll get fastmail

Well... I only need one real account and a couple aliases, as well as support for incoming mails for all the domains. Budget would be ~10$ max. / month

I just want to outsource all email services from my web server at online.net, cause they have some kind of IPv6 config problem.

• From your pool, only mxroute within your budget.

If you want your hand dirty, setup your own mail server, at least 512 MB ram will enough to handle that.

• Gapps would work great for that. Use one main domain and set all others as an alias for it. Starts at €4/month so well within your budget.

• WSSWSS Member

@MailCheap has a few plans that may work for you.

• @modrow said:
    I have ~70 domains and would like to be able to catch all emails and get them in one inbox.

Is that your way to collect as much SPAM as possible?

• MxRoute would be the cheapest afaik

• @southy said:

@modrow said:
    I have ~70 domains and would like to be able to catch all emails and get them in one inbox.

Is that your way to collect as much SPAM as possible?

No. I just want to be able to collect every possible mail from all the domains. Most of them are not listed anywhere. So spam shouldn't be to big a problem.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    Gapps would work great for that. Use one main domain and set all others as an alias for it. Starts at €4/month so well within your budget.

I read about that. But what if I want to use a different address at one of the other domains?

eg.: I set example.com as the main domain and use [email protected] as my main account. I add website.com, server.com and vps.com as aliases.

As far as I understood the GApps FAQ I can only use [email protected], @server.com etc. If I wanted to use [email protected] I would have to create another mail account, and pay another 4$/month.
    Am I right? Or did I misunderstand that?

• @modrow said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Gapps would work great for that. Use one main domain and set all others as an alias for it. Starts at €4/month so well within your budget.

I read about that. But what if I want to use a different address at one of the other domains?

eg.: I set example.com as the main domain and use [email protected] as my main account. I add website.com, server.com and vps.com as aliases.

As far as I understood the GApps FAQ I can only use [email protected], @server.com etc. If I wanted to use [email protected] I would have to create another mail account, and pay another 4$/month.
    Am I right? Or did I misunderstand that?

Well, I've been using GApps for a while (when free teir was available) and I was able to set a catch-all email address. Since Google has phone support for their paid GSuite and they have a one month free trial, it would be best to sign-up and call google to find out.

• edited October 2017

@sibaper said:
    ... If you want your hand dirty, setup your own mail server, at least 512 MB ram will enough to handle that.

I would agree with this one. Sounds like a relatively low traffic mail server setup.

If you don't need a server side anti virus scanner (like a clamav), you can do a setup on a 256MB. I have postfix+dovecot+spamassassin+postgrey+iptables on a BuyVM 128MB OpenVZ vm for about a half dozen domains with no issues with delivery over the last 6 years or so.

Something as simple as this will work for you...(my stack is configured slightly differently but same concepts)
    https://vpsboard.com/threads/running-your-own-mail-server.1506/

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Depending on your email volume, just use mailgun. Free and easy. Have emails from your domains forwarded to a private gmail account. Link your mailgun SMTP credentials in gmail to be able to send mail from your custom domain... bing bing bong bong free custom domain email through gmail.

• @MasonR said:
    Link your mailgun SMTP credentials in gmail to be able to send mail from your custom domain...

Thanks for the idea. Looking at mailgun now. Where would I link the credentials? Is there a detailed guide somewhere?

@modrow said:

@MasonR said:
    Link your mailgun SMTP credentials in gmail to be able to send mail from your custom domain...

Thanks for the idea. Looking at mailgun now. Where would I link the credentials? Is there a detailed guide somewhere?

Sure is - https://simplyian.com/2015/01/07/Hacking-GMail-to-use-custom-domains-for-free/

Pretty sure the steps should still be up to date. Let me know if not, and I'll help out since I've done it for a few different domains of my own.

Thanked by 1modrow
  • Can also vouch for mailcheap, been using them for ~6 months now for my personal stuff and never had any issues. Great price, easy to use and a reliable service.

• @MasonR said:

@modrow said:

@MasonR said:

Sure is - https://simplyian.com/2015/01/07/Hacking-GMail-to-use-custom-domains-for-free/

Pretty sure the steps should still be up to date. Let me know if not, and I'll help out since I've done it for a few different domains of my own.

Just set it up with first domain. Works perfectly. I also noticed that I already had an account at Mailgun. Must been years ago... :D

Thanked by 1MasonR

@modrow said: Just set it up with first domain. Works perfectly. I also noticed that I already had an account at Mailgun. Must been years ago... :D

Awesome! Glad you got it going. Just make sure you choose the right email address from the "From" drop-down when writing up a new email ;) I don't think there's a way to autoselect, at least not that I've found.

• I recommend you to use google suite it has many features along with being user friendly.

• karimsonskarimsons Member
    edited October 2017

Mod Edit: Here was spam.

• @MasonR said:

@modrow said: Just set it up with first domain. Works perfectly. I also noticed that I already had an account at Mailgun. Must been years ago... :D

Awesome! Glad you got it going. Just make sure you choose the right email address from the "From" drop-down when writing up a new email ;) I don't think there's a way to autoselect, at least not that I've found.

Have been using Gmail's account/alias features for a long time, but I always had it running via my web server... Now I know it's just better to seperate mail & web.

• ljsealsljseals Member
    edited October 2017