Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much is this server worth?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much is this server worth?

ValuedCloudValuedCloud Member
edited October 2017 in General

How much do you think a dedicated server with these specs are worth?

1x Intel Xeon E5640, 32 GB RAM DDR3, 2x 500 GB HDD 7.2K SATA, RAID controller, Dedicated 1 Gbps Port Speed & 1 Tbps DDoS Protection.

Comments

• 1 Tbps DDoS protection..? Where?

• $$$

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:
    1 Tbps DDoS protection..? Where?

Codeword Voxility

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

$7

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

It depends on the location. If it's in the US, then I'd pay $20-$25/month for a server with those hard drives, even less outside of the US. A single E5640 isn't enough for running an ESXi host to put my personal VMs on and 500GB in RAID1 isn't enough for my to host my personal backups on so the best I could probably do with it is run a few game servers but only if I can run them cheaper than the 4-5 VPSs they run on currently.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • If it has unlimited traffic over 1Gbps port plus 1Tbps DDOS mitigation, I'd be willing to pay $200 ~ $300.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Server itself is worthless. The only thing valuable about this thing is the DDOS protection. Where is the server located?

• Voxility rubbish

• @doghouch said:
    1 Tbps DDoS protection..? Where?

Voxility

• @randvegeta said:
    Server itself is worthless. The only thing valuable about this thing is the DDOS protection. Where is the server located?

West Coast