Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any stable VPS for less than 10 buck a year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any stable VPS for less than 10 buck a year?

Hey

The recent topic on LEB (didn't go there for a while!) made me consider very small LEB like well.. far back in the days when LEA was still around.

Are there any offers you know of, with current stock available (other than intergralhost of course) that would be both cheap and stable?

There will probably be some soon for black friday (if providers have IPv4 in stock :P) but are there any interesting deal for a small yearly vps currently?

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited October 2017

VirMach (leb30 code). ArubaCloud and LiteServer (25eggs code) both are quite close too.

Thanked by 2datanoise VirMach
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited October 2017

https://clients.gestiondbi.com/index.php?/cart/deepnet-solutions-vps/&step=0 maybe? Also second liteserver as they have been performing very nicely for me. Not matching your request perfectly but with the cost of v4 IPs these days offers below 10$/y will be very rare i guess and you also mentioned stable on top of that.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We can work out some NVMe for you at $15/year? Little bit more costly but with E3v6, NVMe, DDR4, DDoS protection and own network with custom panel.......... I wouldn't say $5/year more is a lot

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • vmhaus said: Little bit more costly but with E3v6, NVMe, DDR4, DDoS protection and own network with custom panel.......... I wouldn't say $5/year more is a lot

5$/y isn't a lot but as it's for a project where I don't need much ressources (static website) I don't really need to pay more for good CPU or NVMe... But thanks for your offer, I might consider it in the future.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

If it's just a static website you can put it on S3 and it will be cheaper than 10 bucks per year.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • bersy said: VirMach (leb30 code)

Nice, thanks! They also had 3$/y vps not long ago that would have been enough for my purpose, but it's out of stock. :)

@mksh heard great things about gestiondbi, might be the right time to try them out.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Anynode.net has some kvms for $12.50/year if you can budge a bit.

Francisco

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @datanoise said:

5$/y isn't a lot but as it's for a project where I don't need much ressources (static website) I don't really need to pay more for good CPU or NVMe... But thanks for your offer, I might consider it in the future.

If all you want to host is a website and you don't care about cloudflare being evil a nat vps behind cloudflare free plan will be unbeatable price wise.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • nik said: you can put it on S3

I should try that some day, from a quick google search it seems that it's possible to get it work with an ssl cert using cloudfront. I'm going to dig to see how costly it could be.

A VPS would allow to do more than just static file hosting if needed later on that's why I'd favor this option, but it should be possible to play quite well with the limits imposed by S3...

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited October 2017

Francisco said: Anynode.net has some kvms for $12.50/year if you can budge a bit.

Yeah, seen their offer, and they seem solid & to offer a nice service, the few more bucks are probably worth it.

mksh said: If all you want to host is a website and you don't care about cloudflare being evil a nat vps behind cloudflare free plan will be unbeatable price wise.

Thought about that, but I'd like to find a solution that doesn't involve cloudflare. I've seen that some nat VPS come with a reverse proxy shared with other customers, that could be an option worth trying too, but I'd have preferred the ability to run on a dedicated IPv4.

• take a look here, good service by @RIYAD

Thanked by 3datanoise RIYAD bersy
    edited October 2017

nik said: S3

Seems like you need to host your dns with Amazon Route 53 to be able to use an ssl cert, it adds 6$/y. Do you know by chance if there's a way to bypass this - or would it be ultra cheap only for a non-tls website? (Not exactly what I'm looking for for this particular project, but seems like a really nice option to host a static website)

mikho said: get a LES !

"haproxy on VPS node" seems fun, but I guess it means no ssl cert would be possible (unless some automated let's encrypt stuff is setup on the same vm as haproxy... which from my reading isn't the case yet) (?)

edited October 2017

emdad said: take a look here, good service by @RIYAD

Nice, didn't notice this one in the offer section. Pretty good specs for the price. Have you been with them for a while? Works good?

• @datanoise said:

emdad said: take a look here, good service by @RIYAD

Nice, didn't notice this one in the offer section. Pretty good specs for the price. Have you been with them for a while? Works good?

yeah, using for over a year and half now. Have 6 box (none of these though, using KVM only). Works very well. Can vouch for them.

Thanked by 2RIYAD datanoise
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@datanoise said:

mikho said: get a LES !

"haproxy on VPS node" seems fun, but I guess it means no ssl cert would be possible (unless some automated let's encrypt stuff is setup on the same vm as haproxy... which from my reading isn't the case yet) (?)

Some providers only use haproxy on port 80, some use nginx to forward the traffic.

I forward both http and https (use your own certificate) So if you get a couple of my locations you can setup a HA solution over https.

Thanked by 2datanoise bersy
  • mikho said: https (use your own certificate)

Certificate would have to be manually setup on a web interface, or there is a way to automate that? (Would be painful to use let's encrypt if that's manual only)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@datanoise said:

mikho said: https (use your own certificate)

Certificate would have to be manually setup on a web interface, or there is a way to automate that? (Would be painful to use let's encrypt if that's manual only)

You setup the certificate on your own vps.
    I only forward the traffic.
    In short; you setup your webserver (or whatever) as you would on any other vps.
    In the client area you add the domain you want to use and if you should forward HTTP or HTTPS or BOTH (2 records).

If you want to use lets envrypt, you set it up on your vps. I don’t need the certificate at all.
    It is very simple.

Guess I need a Knowledge base article on how you do it. :)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • mikho said: If you want to use lets envrypt, you set it up on your vps. I don’t need the certificate at all.

It is very simple.

Nice, seems worth trying!

Thanked by 1mikho
  • stable for that price = good luck with support and with uptime and speed you have an outage or they go out of business you better have your data back up all i'm saying

@datanoise said:
    Hey

The recent topic on LEB (didn't go there for a while!) made me consider very small LEB like well.. far back in the days when LEA was still around.

Are there any offers you know of, with current stock available (other than intergralhost of course) that would be both cheap and stable?

There will probably be some soon for black friday (if providers have IPv4 in stock :P) but are there any interesting deal for a small yearly vps currently?

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • LEB + IPv6 + Cloudflare

It'll be fully acessible even from IPv4-only networks, and will cost you no more than 5bucks/year

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited October 2017

BunnyCDN + Storage Zones might be a good option too ;)

Thanked by 3Rhys datanoise coreflux
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited October 2017

If you don't need a dedicated IP address, try a NAT VPS. You can proxy the IPv6 address over Cloudflare to allow IPv4 access too. @cam can hook you up for cheap! Otherwise, wait for Black Friday to come in a month or so...

Thanked by 1Cam