Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility Anti-DDoS Block Routing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility Anti-DDoS Block Routing

I am going to be using Voxility & I wanted to know if it would effect the Anti-DDoS if I was to use my own block, I’m not a network expert so could someone shed some light on this for me please

Comments

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Do you mean your own block of IPs? If so, no, it makes no difference, your IPs can be routed through their filters.

• @Zare said:
    Do you mean your own block of IPs? If so, no, it makes no difference, your IPs can be routed through their filters.

Yes, my account manager told me if I used my own block it would cause problems with the Anti-DDoS.

• No, that's not true as far as I know.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Ditto to the above. There are a few configs where "your own block" could be used with Voxility though, maybe clarify how you plan to use it? Via tunnel, local announce from your AS on a server, announced from AS3223, etc. You shouldn't have any issues though

• @Tucker said:
    Ditto to the above. There are a few configs where "your own block" could be used with Voxility though, maybe clarify how you plan to use it? Via tunnel, local announce from your AS on a server, announced from AS3223, etc. You shouldn't have any issues though

I was going to purchase a /24 IPv4 Block & have it transfered to my ARIN account then announced at Voxility.

• scaveney said: No, that's not true as far as I know.

In theory but in practice it is, especially with ARIN space - Voxility is heavily scrutinized for LOAs these days due to various issues, so a customer prefix MIGHT not be whitelisted on all upstreams or IXs.

Overall however, yea this is a normal service they offer - they just don't like to as it gets them less money than if you rent the IPs, and if you use no own ASN they have the announce work on top.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Voxility has been very strict due to the back connect block hijacking and crap like that.

Francisco

• Well, obviously they were not very strict, now they try to but it does not matter because they are pretty much untrusted by any upstream :)

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

your /24 announced from AS3223 - Voxility will work fine ( they do not mix traffic DDOS with noDDOS ) but be careful that they have two options "Direct Access to Premium Networks" (work fine ) and "Restricted Network" cheaper but with possible limitations.