Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having issues with the SolusVM Debian/Ubuntu based templates in regards to packages
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Having issues with the SolusVM Debian/Ubuntu based templates in regards to packages

eddiejibsoneddiejibson Member
edited October 2017 in Help

Hi,

I've recently been looking around various VPS control panels and stumbled upon SolusVM. I gave it a try, configured it well to an extent and decided to deploy, from it, a few test virtual servers. CentOS x worked fine when I tried to install packages on such. However, as soon as it came over to Ubuntu/Debian based systems, I had to manually add each repository for very common packages such as Java, Git and Nano and then install it. Without manually adding the repository, the typical "E: Unable to locate package" appears.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• Have you checked /etc/resolv.conf file ?

• Did you apt-get update first? The package DB cache files are empty on Solus templates and need to be filled, otherwise packages won't be there. Centos works because while the cache files are empty at the start, yum automatically updates repo listings when it hasn't run for awhile.

• WSSWSS Member

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list. By default it only comes with "main". Adding contrib and non-free to the stanzas and doing an update should pull in most tools.