Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PPTP Speed Improvements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PPTP Speed Improvements

clarity_64clarity_64 Member
edited January 2012 in General

I have installed PPTP on a Hostigation 128MB box, and I used this script to do it, http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-debian-ubuntu-openvz-setup-script/.

The only issue that I am having is that the speeds are a little slow on my iPad. When I am on my desktop, they are fine. Any ideas how I can improve this speed? I know that it is not a limit of my internet speed.

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited January 2012

ipad=Apple

What do you expect? Overpriced junk

Aside. I had a similiar problem myself ( I couldnt get over 5mbps) so i had to change to a centos version. i think its the template where the problem is.

• Well, if I remember, your VPS are openvz in Rock Hill, have I migrated you to Charlotte yet? And if I am wrong, and they are KVM, set your NIC to virtio and reboot from Solus.

I doubt either of these suggestions will bear any fruit, but it's a start. With your desktop having no issue and you are having issue with the iPad, is it a stack issue in your client OS I wonder.

• I am in Charlotte already, and I am using OpenVZ for that one. I think that it has something to do with the iPAD. My MTU is set to 1400, and I don't see any other way to try to improve it.

• @DanielM suggestion of using CentOS is worth a shot, dumber things have worked