Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS.me free VPS? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS.me free VPS?

13»

Comments

• udkudk Member

**Your Free VPS (freevps) which was activated at Friday, 16 August 2013 is now SUSPENDED due to reason:

Root user has never logged in to VPS during 24 hours!**

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2013

I just noticed the WHOIS info:

Domain Name:VPS.ME
    Registrant Name:Kyriakos Kyriako
    Registrant City:Larnaca
    Registrant State/Province:
    Registrant Country/Economy:CY

Soooo, that's why there is no Macedonia in the country list. Well, most unprofessional from their side.

• Unprofessional? @Janevski google a bit ;-) They are just personal data collectors as it seems.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @Spirit said:
    zhuanyi read comments :) They are also taking back already given VPSs :)

Guess I won't be surprised...considering most of the free VPS services ended up failing somehow

• vps.me is suck
    they banned vps with stupid reason

• Host1free is Way better.

• @Janevski said:
    I just noticed the WHOIS info:

> ...
    > Domain Name:VPS.ME
    > ...
    > Registrant Name:Kyriakos Kyriako
    > ...
    > Registrant City:Larnaca
    > Registrant State/Province:
    > Registrant Country/Economy:CY
    > ...
    > 

Soooo, that's why there is no Macedonia in the country list. Well, most unprofessional from their side.

Uh, Macedonia is also a MAJOR source of fraud - just to get another reason why it might not be there...

• Macedonia hasn't been a source of fraud for us, but paypal doesn't currently support Macedonia. Maybe that's the reason.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2013

@William said:
    Uh, Macedonia is also a MAJOR source of fraud - just to get another reason why it might not be there...

Do You have anything to back up this public claim? If so, please elaborate, i would really like to know.

@rds100 said:
    Macedonia hasn't been a source of fraud for us, but paypal doesn't currently support Macedonia. Maybe that's the reason.

Perhaps it is derived from the Paypal list, anyhow Paypal is not the only payment processor, nor country validator, also trading ban from the southern Balkans side is not something so far unseen.

• Macedonia is also a MAJOR source of fraud

I hardly believe that knowing a bit internet buying mentality in those parts of the world. Most people don't own even credit card yet and hardly trust even local (cash on delivery) internet merchants.
    Internet sales on balkan are on rise for sure however still barely worth to be mentioned in comparisation with "western" world. Those things, including internet fraud, are yet to be discovered by most population there.

I hope your statement don't base on http://www.cashflows.com/support/index.php?page=reducing_fraud&sub=procedure_to_adopt&subsub=high_risk_countries and similar lists :)

I expect to see Croatia removed from those lists pretty soon same as it happens with Slovenia after joined to the club (EU).

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

actually if paypal or whoever thinks that in some countries they will lose money because of the money back etc. guarantees which they offer to their customers in case of fraud then its fine for me. They already have rip-off currency exchange rates (I don't remember exactly now, but i think the spread was twice as big as what I had in the bank) so no need to increase the fees even more ;)

coming back to the topic - surprisingly got a reply today! Didnt expect it

Because of huge interest in VPS.ME free vps services, today we have reached free VPS quota, please try to order free vps later or choose another paid plan.

PS. "Reached today" hahaha, good joke

• @Spirit said:
    I hope your statement don't base on http://www.cashflows.com/support/index.php?page=reducing_fraud&sub=procedure_to_adopt&subsub=high_risk_countries and similar lists :)

@Janevski
    Do You have anything to back up this public claim? If so, please elaborate, i would really like to know.

Nothing that could be proven real (DB).

My failure however, the ME confused me - I meant Montenegro, not Macedonia.

Fraud is mainly stolen Creditcards and stolen PayPal accounts (mainly ME IPs, ME CCs, looks perfectly normal) is the most.