Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for shared hosting, quality > quantity
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for shared hosting, quality > quantity

Hi all, after my previous thread almost 2 years ago I'm looking for a new shared hosting environment. (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/70916/looking-for-shared-webhosting-buyshared-net-alternative#latest) In short the requirements:

• DirectAdmin (No really, I just don't like cPanel).
  • Enough or unlimited amount of domains, I have alot of small sub-domains projects but I'll add them as separate domains.
  • In Europe, in/around The Netherlands would be even better.
  • Either Apache2 or Nginx.
  • SSH access (I need Git and Composer)
  • PHP7 or higher
  • Laravel support (pretty much boils down to PHP7+ and SSH access with Git and Composer)
  • Something like opcache would be nice but is not required.
  • Trusted company, a default template + whmcs doesn't feel trusted to me.
  • Specs don't matter much, I do have a single website that is over 30gb's big and it would be nice if I'm able to move that one with me. But I can manage to only move the non-storage websites. Think either 50gb+ or 5/10gb diskspace and at least 1TB or more traffic.
  • SSD would be nice but not required.

I'm looking for a long term setup, so I'm willing to pay more if it fits my requirements. And before people are going to ask why I'm not going for a VPS, I don't want to manage it. If something goes wrong I don't want to spend my evenings fixing stuff.

Looking for some recommendations :)

Comments

• ljsealsljseals Member
    edited October 2017

https://www.ovh.com/fr/hebergement-web/

It is not Direct Admin but Plesk.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

The direct admin requirement will likely remove a lot of potential options. The rest aren't as hard.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

Perhaps @ZweiTiger can help?

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    The direct admin requirement will likely remove a lot of potential options. The rest aren't as hard.

If i'd be fine with cPanel Buyshared.net would fit everything and this topic wouldn't exist ;)

Thank you for your time tough.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

taronyu said: If i'd be fine with cPanel Buyshared.net would fit everything and this topic wouldn't exist ;)

For my own curiosity, what do you not like about cPanel? While it is not perfect, in my experience it tends to be better than the alternatives.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited October 2017

@Awmusic12635 said:

taronyu said: If i'd be fine with cPanel Buyshared.net would fit everything and this topic wouldn't exist ;)

For my own curiosity, what do you not like about cPanel? While it is not perfect, in my experience it tends to be better than the alternatives.

I decided to give cPanel another shot after 2 years and your comment. I've been trying to move
    2 websites for almost 3 hours now. So far, what I found:

• SSH was not enabled for me, even though the package had it enabled. Had to open a support ticket to enable it. (Granted, support was really fast, but that is a pro of BuyShared and still a con for cPanel.)
    • .htaccess/mod_rewrite urls are not working. This is a 1on1 copy of a working website from Apache2. First I thought it was because of Litespeed, but as far as I know (and as far as Google knows) this should work without any problems. It just throws 404s every time I access a rewritten url.
    • My main website is throwing a random 403. I have no idea why, its just static html without any php. It worked at first, 1 refresh later and its gone. (Yes I'm sure I'm hitting the webserver correctly)

I'm sure cPanel is pretty awesome, but moving the 2 simplest website I have (one of them html and the other Wordpress) both resulted in me pulling my hairs, 3 hours lost of my evening, and still nothing that is working as expected.

I hope this answers your question :P

• Is it your issue resolved or your still facing an issue?

• @praveenk said:
    Is it your issue resolved or your still facing an issue?

I'm not sure about the issue you are talking about, but for both possibilities, no.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We offer premium DirectAdmin webhosting, see our hosting plans here in The Netherlands: https://www.hostslim.eu/hosting/#info

• @taronyu said:

@praveenk said:
    Is it your issue resolved or your still facing an issue?

I'm not sure about the issue you are talking about, but for both possibilities, no.

I mean html 403 error message and the other Wordpress 404 error message. You can ask support tech to resolve issue for you, support tech can check server logs and resolve issue in few minutes only.