Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 8 geographically diverse LEBs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 8 geographically diverse LEBs

Hello LET!

I'm seeking for 8 geographically diverse LEBs!

KVM/Xen only, >512MB RAM, >100GB bandwidth, >20GB HDD, IPv6 if possible.

The use is going to be IRC bouncers, so the provider has to allow that.

So far I thought about Inception Hosting (2GB Xen in the US) and NodeDeploy, in Germany

I need geographically diverse servers for latency and stuff! and I can afford eight LEBs.

Thank you!

Comments

• We have servers in Dusseldorf, Chisinau and New Jersey. Drop me a PM or email [email protected] for further information.

• @Jack not sure, I'd rather have a list of locations first - I think UK would fit in, though

@GetKVM_Ask do you use IRC?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited August 2013

@chauffer

I don't use it myself, but we permit the use of IRC in our Chisinau and Dusseldorf locations, both locations also offer native IPv6 of which we can provide up to 16 per VPS free of charge.

• @GetKVM_Ash okay, I wanted to talk to you through there, anyhow, just 16? can't I request for more? they'd just be for the purpose of vanity hosts, can I get rDNSs?

• @chauffer

If you have a valid reason for them, sure i cant see why not. And yes, IPv6/rDNS is fully supported at both locations.

• @GetKVM_Ash is IRC vanity hosts a valid reason? :P

• @chauffer

PM Me how many you would actually need and i can let you know along with a deal/spec to meet your budget.

• @GetKVM_Ash Are valid reasons required for IPv6 too? Thought that was a term to control IPv4 wastage?

• @joelgm That's what I'm worried about, I can easily get gazillions of IPv6s! and I even need to justify them! :(

• $10 says somebody selling IRC shells. Seen a lot of customers doing this lately.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @joelgm said:
    GetKVM_Ash Are valid reasons required for IPv6 too? Thought that was a term to control IPv4 wastage?

Its more of an internal policy to prevent abuse, not a RIPE requirement.

• @GetKVM_Ash said:
    Its more of an internal policy to prevent abuse, not a RIPE requirement.

Fair enough.

• So far:

DE (NodeDeploy), US (Inception/FlipHost), UK (OpenITC), AU (RansomIT), Italy (Prometeus)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2013

We can do our UK Location, which is in the heart of england so benefits from both low latency to the north and south and has great international transit.

• @Jacob what are your KVM/Xen plans?

• @chauffer said:
    GetKVM_Ash okay, I wanted to talk to you through there, anyhow, just 16?

A bit offtopic but have on your mind that most networks allow only few connections from /64 and you will get all clients from this subnet k-lined unless you apply and get I-line from individual server/network.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • How many bouncers are you planning on running ?

• @Spirit yes, I know! I often talk to network staff for that specific reason, thank you!

@enfield that's important, how?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

@chauffer it could be good to notify hosts that it's not for private IRC usage but offering (free or paid) service to other (anonymous) users.
    I feel sorry to see on your list some great hosts I also use for (private) IRC. Because in 16 years of IRC usage I know what will follow and what happened already to know subnets like 2a03:f80:ed15:: at some biggest IRC networks :(

• @enfield said:
    How many bouncers are you planning on running ?

Yep, other shoe fell on the "IRC shell provider" guess I made.

• @doughmanes http://freebnc.net is running since 2010. I offer ZNC accounts. Kindly stop the guesses.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

Yea, that sux. Public free IRC bouncer service to anonymous users = k-lines, g-lines, ddos. We're all screwed.

(love & using IRC/running some bigger IRC communities since 1997 or 1998 so I know a little bit about those things)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Good luck to you, most of these projects end up DDoS'd into the ground.

See also: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Metawire

• @Spirit I rarely get any ddos though, and klines!

@doughmanes thank you I guess, but this is not just starting now :P

• @chauffer

Ah so you are the chauffer Valentina talks about ;)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@chauffer said:
    So far:

DE (NodeDeploy), US (Inception/FlipHost), UK (OpenITC), AU (RansomIT), Italy (Prometeus)

Did you already sign up or will you? I ask because if you want a custom plan closer to your requirements let me know and I can quote accordingly. Feel free to email [email protected] and I'll help you out.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Edit: also because our last LEB plan listed is out of stock...

• I would offer Troy, MI but we only have OpenVZ currently.

• @Oliver I did not sign up! they're just so far the providers I'm considering, I'm mailing you soon.

• SonwebhostSonwebhost Member
    edited August 2013

France never mind