Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digitalocean @175M USD annual run rate - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digitalocean @175M USD annual run rate

2»

Comments

• DO forced some competition out of Linode, so I get to use Linode for cheap. I still don't trust DO, but capitalism works flawlessly here.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

raindog308 said: I think you mean the price of a stock is arbitrary to some extent. For $1m in capital, you could have a ten thousand shares at $100 or a thousand shares at $1000.

Right, i meant the face value, i.e. the issuing price from the books.

OnApp_Terry said: "no one gets fired for choosing AWS/Google/Azure." You get fired when projects go bad using the 'little guy.' DO is positioning themselves as a cost effective competitor to industry giants.

Interesting point, i didnt think of it by the way it was written, looked more like for the general public which wants to buy a piece of the "cloud" and/or "technology" and share the success of the "new thing" and "disruptors". But I guess it could work both ways.

sundaymouse said: DO forced some competition out of Linode, so I get to use Linode for cheap. I still don't trust DO, but capitalism works flawlessly here.

And offers more options. You would have thought for a while if to deploy a new vm for a project you look into 5 min a day on linode, but that was not an issue for most people after do came up (and vultr, whatever).