Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Acquires TrueVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Acquires TrueVPS

DomainBopDomainBop Member
edited August 2013 in Providers

email just arrived. TrueVPS.io is a Netherlands SSD, KVM, SSD Cached VPS provider.

Hello,

This message is to all TrueVPS clients. TrueVPS has been sold to RamNode LLC. We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you to the RamNode community!

Over the next couple weeks, we will be migrating all of your VPSs to new hardware. We will be operating in the same datacenter and using the same IPs, so none of those aspects will change. We will be contacting you again prior to the migration.

For now, please continue to submit any support requests to the existing TrueVPS system. The owners of TrueVPS have agreed to continue offering support to existing clients until we have migrated everyone to our new RamNode hardware. Once that happens, we will redirect all support requests and control panel usage to RamNode's systems.

We are a US company and we use USD for our currency. As such, we will be changing your payment currency to USD, but the cost should be about the same after exchange rates are factored in. In other words, we will not be intentionally changing your existing prices.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send an email to nick @ ramnode.com. Feel free to join our IRC channel at #ramnode on irc.esper.net

as well.

Thanks,

Nick A.

nick @ ramnode.com
RamNode LLC
Twitter: @RamNode

Comments

• Never heard of TrueVPS until this, but congrats!

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited August 2013

@concerto49 said:
    Never heard of TrueVPS until this, but congrats!

@TrueVPS have a couple offers on LET.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12077/
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11713/

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2013

They were owned or atleast managed by WeServIT, who rammode host with.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/297112/#Comment_297112

• That's surprise :)

@INIZ said:
    They were owned or atleast managed by WeServIT, who rammode host with.

I am wondering what's the status of direct WeServIT VPS clients - I just logged into weservit.nl SolusVM and got Control Panel Login Notification from: "VPSCP Controlpanel [email protected] via vpscp.routelabel.net".

• That's surprise and truevps is in our sponsors list.

• @Spirit said:
    That's surprise :)

I am wondering what's the status of direct WeServIT VPS clients - I just logged into weservit.nl SolusVM and got Control Panel Login Notification from: "VPSCP Controlpanel [email protected] via vpscp.routelabel.net".

The sale is only for the TrueVPS customers/nodes, and based on "using the same IPs", TrueVPS's 95.47.153.0/24 IP block is also included. The brand is only about 2 months old so there probably aren't many customers involved. I bought a VPS from them at the end of July (to use for a monitoring server) and you can see from the ioping stats there weren't many VPS's when I signed up.

/tmp (simfs /vz/private/143) ioping statistics ---

• Nice :)

• ATHKATHK Member

Congrats Ramnode!

• Congratulations to @Nick_A and Tyler!

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Congrats guys!

• @mpkossen said:
    Congratulations to Nick_A and Tyler!

There's another one named Elliot to cover overnight shifts.

• @DalComp said:
    There's another one named Elliot to cover overnight shifts.

In that case: Elliot as well! Thought it was just Nick and Tyler.

• Does this mean there are now ramnode boxes with 2gb ram for 5€

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @tr1cky said:
    Does this mean there are now ramnode boxes with 2gb ram for 5€

No. TrueVPS's shopping cart is showing 0 inventory for all products. I'm actually paying 2.50€ for 2GB RAM/100GB disk/2TB bandwidth because I used a '50% off your 1st order' promo code and paid for an entire year. :)

• @DomainBop that's awesome :)

• Mergers and acquisitions in LEB VPS world :)

• Congratulations. Looks like Nick is working on some geographic diversity.

• @RichardLeik said:
    Congratulations. Looks like Nick is working on some geographic diversity.

Atlanta and Seattle: basically the same metro area

• @texteditor said:

Huh? I don't get it..

• NL vs Atlanta and Seattle = different metro area, infact, different country.

@texteditor said:

• I was sarcastically pointing out that Nick already had geographic diversity (Seattle and Atlanta are already over 2000 miles apart)

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@texteditor said:
    I was sarcastically pointing out that Nick already had geographic diversity (Seattle and Atlanta are already over 2000 miles apart)

valid assuming that the USA is the whole world :P

Still the same country and still overseas for Europe and Asia ;)

also adding third location to already two existing is definitelly

@RichardLeik said:
    ... working on some geographic diversity.

so no surprise people did not get your poor sarcasm.