Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN request

Just got a message from a friend who is in the UK and wants to watch US TV, catchup, watch again type services. He is totally non-technical so is looking for something easy to sign up to and use.

I have no idea on these kinds of things, what I can I suggest for him?

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

NordVPN along with its smart dns unlocks almost anything geo restricted. Which includes US Flix^^ Super simple to use, too.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

Ympker said: NordVPN along with its smart dns unlocks almost anything geo restricted. Which includes US Flix^^ Super simple to use, too.

Cheers, that looks like just the thing, will let him know.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@Lee said:

Ympker said: NordVPN along with its smart dns unlocks almost anything geo restricted. Which includes US Flix^^ Super simple to use, too.

Cheers, that looks like just the thing, will let him know.

Go for their special:

https://nordvpn.com/de/special/2y-deal-offer/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZXMBRB2EiwA2HVD-PpFPl2IFUC9KtR95ngjEBJZbhfZZYAORTLO5VdnFtUvGfvcORzZ8hoCtVcQAvD_BwE

Note: This is not my afflink, just some 2Y deal that seems to be almost always around. You can even google it I think^^

Thanked by 1Lee
  • smartdnsproxy.com is an option as well
    Just sign up for trial and in less than 24hours will receive an email with ~70% discount :)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@Lee Note that afaik Smart DNS thing is being activated by default for any of their servers (if you use their client) and if I recall correctly they told me that all their servers unlock flix US by default except for Australia, NZ and I think Hong Kong/Japan which unlock their respective countries Flix. This can be usefull if you wanna use flix US but can still use a server closer to you ping wise (if your not from the US).

Thanked by 1Lee
  • its amazing how opendns is blocking both nordvpn and smartdnsproxy ..

• LeeLee Veteran

Have given him the links and will see how he gets on with it, I am sure I will hear back soon. TV of any kind is just meh to me if I do want to watch something it needs to be on Netflix if not, I go without :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I don't know... Registered since just 5 years, asking "for a friend", VPN... All that stuff smells strange.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Amitz said:
    I don't know... Registered since just 5 years, asking "for a friend", VPN... All that stuff smells strange.

I was wondering how long it would take #askingforafriend

I have the whatsapp logs to prove it's someone else asking :)

Thanked by 2Amitz MikePT
  • "Whatsapp logs" as a proof... You must really be new here! ;)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • LeeLee Veteran

Hmm... I need a diversion. Oh, I know. @Maounique

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Use windscribe. They also have a free package which gives as I remember 10GB per month. Register, download, and install and go to any site and watch whatever you want.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Your order?

• LeeLee Veteran

@Maounique said:

Your order?

Any diversion will do, without getting banned in the process :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2017

"Proof". Pah.

Thanked by 3Falzo klikli Darwin
  • LeeLee Veteran

Not going to deny it, that is pretty much how it went.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: Any diversion will do, without getting banned in the process :)

The banning itself IS the diversion!

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Amitz said:

"Proof". Pah.

LOL.. Amitz Snowden!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

This one looks shady.
    @Amitz

ADULT CONTENT / NOT WILLING TO SHARE HIS "FINAL PRIZE".

Please band him.

• LeeLee Veteran

Thanks again, he says it is easy to set up and allows to watch the shows he wanted.

Thanked by 2Amitz Falzo
  • @MikePT said:
    This one looks shady.
    @Amitz

ADULT CONTENT / NOT WILLING TO SHARE HIS "FINAL PRIZE".

Please band him.

Comon everyone knows what good pussy is.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LeeLee Veteran

So, got a question on this, my friend (when he wants something) signed up to NordVPN as above and said it all worked great. However, when he tries to change the server from the panel it will not connect if he is already connected to a server. The only way he can get it to connect is to restart the machine or restart the network adapter.

NordVPN gave him instructions to turn off IPV6 and whatever else but nothing works.

has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Apparently, works no problem on Andriod phone and Ipad.

Now, I just signed up for a trial and yup same thing with Windows 10 only.

• @Lee said:
    So, got a question on this, my friend (when he wants something) signed up to NordVPN as above and said it all worked great. However, when he tries to change the server from the panel it will not connect if he is already connected to a server. The only way he can get it to connect is to restart the machine or restart the network adapter.

NordVPN gave him instructions to turn off IPV6 and whatever else but nothing works.

has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Apparently, works no problem on Andriod phone and Ipad.

Now, I just signed up for a trial and yup same thing with Windows 10 only.

Changing the Server from the Panel works for me. Odd :O

• LeeLee Veteran

Ympker said: Changing the Server from the Panel works for me. Odd :O

Yeah, I signed up for the 3-day trial and it works fine on all but Windows 10. Did a remote session with his PC and sure enough it connects to any server fine first time, however, you must disable then enable the network connection for NordVPN before it will work.

Something is not releasing when it tries to reset in order to connect to a different server.

No idea :) It's not my thing... Will need to leave it with him.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@Lee said:

Ympker said: Changing the Server from the Panel works for me. Odd :O

Yeah, I signed up for the 3-day trial and it works fine on all but Windows 10. Did a remote session with his PC and sure enough it connects to any server fine first time, however, you must disable then enable the network connection for NordVPN before it will work.

Something is not releasing when it tries to reset in order to connect to a different server.

No idea :) It's not my thing... Will need to leave it with him.

He could also import Ovpn configs from Nord into Pritunl to make for ease of use & stability.

Edit:
    Just tested and switching between servers works fine on me with NordVPN App on Win10.