Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheap cloud VPS that is truly hardware and data center redundant. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheap cloud VPS that is truly hardware and data center redundant.

2»

Comments

• @sman said:
    Why isn't anyone doing what CloudVPS is doing in N. America? Besides Amazon of course.

About the only full proof solution to DDoS that I know about is having sufficient bandwidth to absorb it. It takes even the best DDoS equipment 2 or 3 minutes to detect and null route it from what I have read so that is not the full solution

Sorry, I wasn't clear. We're talking offline for an hour plus. Not 2-3 minutes.

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@ShardHost said:
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. We're talking offline for an hour plus. Not 2-3 minutes.

What plan do you have? If you don't have the object store option then you are only in 1 data center. I guess it depends on how they do the hypervisor as well since you would need that to fail over.

• @sman said:
    What plan do you have? If you don't have the object store option then you are only in 1 data center. I guess it depends on how they do the hypervisor as well since you would need that to fail over.

We have various plans. The issue was not with storage it was the hypervisor that had failed to fail over. If the hypervisor does not know that it is unreachable from the outside world, why would it?

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@ShardHost said:

So they have not perfected it yet I guess.

• @sman said:
    So they have not perfected it yet I guess.

I think not. The performance other than that is good. The only other gripe I have is that support appears to not be 24/7 and I have had to wait 24 hours for a response to tickets I have sent in. Not urgent tickets, but still issues that affected me using the service.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

I even believe one of their people contributes to Xen.

They're also active contributors to several cloud initiatives like dmcache, cloud standards/certifiication for providers, and OpenStack, and they're behind several open source projects like OpenPanel. The fact that they know their stuff and developed most of their cloud platform in house is why I chose them over Versio (Versio outsourced all of the development of their cloud platform to a US company)

The only other gripe I have is that support appears to not be 24/7 and I have had to wait 24 hours for a response to tickets I have sent in.

The ratings of their support on ISPGids are mediocre (but ratings of their service,reliability are excellent). I think the 24/7 support is only for the paid support plans (i.e. Groupon.nl probably gets their tickets answered immediately). Emergency/urgent support for the free support tier is 24/7 but non urgent tickets seem to only be handled during office hours.

The only gripe I've had with their support is when I've wanted to cancel a server...it's a manual process involving several emails back and forth (the ability to automatically cancel a sever from the control panel is reportedly in the works).

• @DomainBop said:
    The only gripe I've had with their support is when I've wanted to cancel a server...it's a manual process involving several emails back and forth (the ability to automatically cancel a sever from the control panel is reportedly in the works).

Agreed, the reason we are still with them is their obvious technical ability. My support ticket was regarding our site being offline. I got an email the following morning saying it was a DDOS.

I actually signed up with them because of your recommendations here on LET in the past.

• Google Compute Engine have my vote.