Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to aboveclouds.co.uk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to aboveclouds.co.uk?

Does anyone know what happened to aboveclouds.co.uk?

Our server went down 24 hours ago and Jacob isn't reacting on any email.

Unfortunately, his website does not even have a ticket area.

Comments

• Who?

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

it is very strange hoster w/o any contacts (((

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

Haven’t the company been dissolved by Compnies Bouse cor not filling returns or accounts ?

Edit: yeah, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09779287

Assets went to the Crown, liabilities are in the air.

• @Clouvider said:
    Haven’t the company been dissolved by Compnies Bouse cor not filling returns or accounts ?

I seem to recall that being mentioned and Jacob responding that they weren’t trading as that company anymore without actually saying who they were now trading as.

He’s got a history of this sort of thing anyway, I think this might be his third hosting company that eventually went down the toilet now.

• some days ago look at my idel / credits excel sheet and decided to check on aboveclouds and to my surprise i did spin a vps and actually worked. Not going to create one now as i don't have time to wait 1 hours and delete it.

one thing i can say for sure, if @Jacob want to say something he better say it soon or just let it go.

• @ehab said:
    some days ago look at my idel / credits excel sheet and decided to check on aboveclouds and to my surprise i did spin a vps and actually worked. Not going to create one now as i don't have time to wait 1 hours and delete it.

one thing i can say for sure, if @Jacob want to say something he better say it soon or just let it go.

Thanked by 1ehab

@Nekki said:

@Clouvider said:

I seem to recall that being mentioned and Jacob responding that they weren’t trading as that company anymore without actually saying who they were now trading as.

He’s got a history of this sort of thing anyway, I think this might be his third hosting company that eventually went down the toilet now.

How can he continue trading if all assets were moved to the Crown ? If he hasn't moved it before dissolution he doesn't even own the Customer list any more ?

Regardless, his own website continues to mention the company number in the footer.

• hzrhzr Member

Clouvider said: How can he continue trading if all assets were moved to the Crown ? If he hasn't moved it before dissolution he doesn't even own the Customer list any more ?

Does he give a crap?

• @hzr said:

Clouvider said: How can he continue trading if all assets were moved to the Crown ? If he hasn't moved it before dissolution he doesn't even own the Customer list any more ?

Does he give a crap?

It does not matter to me. I personally like being a customer of the Crown. In fact, I think everyone trusts the Crown more than Clouvider or any other private company in UK, therefore I am a happy camper, for now.

That wouldn’t make you a Customer of HM sadly.