Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bind DNS Query logging and Graph Charting (GNUPlot)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bind DNS Query logging and Graph Charting (GNUPlot)

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited August 2013 in General

I was fixing some DNS Issues, and for that I turned on Query Logging in Bind. This resulted in a nice dataset, and with some Awk and GNUPlot magic, the above image is the result.

See the tutorial: https://raymii.org/s/software/Bind-GNUPlot-DNS-Bar-Graph.html

Does anyone have experience with GNUPlot, because for me to get the horizontal image, I used convert. Does GNUPlot only do vertical bar graphs, or am I doing it wrong? With Matlab or R this would be easy, but since I needed something quick and simple...

Comments

• dannixdannix Member
    edited August 2013

You've already found the best option with convert. As far as I know there is no direct, non-tricky way of doing it in gnuplot directly. You can try to play with boxxyerrorbars.

• @dannix said:
    You've already found the best option with convert. As far as I know there is no direct, non-tricky way of doing it in gnuplot directly. You can try to play with boxxyerrorbars.

I did that, because my google searches turned that up, but it went hay wire and after half an hour of struggling I decided to use convert...