Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exposed black heart mycustomhosting - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Exposed black heart mycustomhosting

Comments

• @youth said:
    If you can not guarantee that your IP can be connected to mainland China, then you can

The problem is not the seller, the problem is your government in China. If you believe your site is blocked unfairly you can simply take the government to court. This is what people do in civilized societies that are based on law.

I believe there are a few more people in China that like to have access to some sites. Check if you guys can group together for some class action!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@dergelbe said:

@youth said:
    If you can not guarantee that your IP can be connected to mainland China, then you can

The problem is not the seller, the problem is your government in China. If you believe your site is blocked unfairly you can simply take the government to court. This is what people do in civilized societies that are based on law.

I believe there are a few more people in China that like to have access to some sites. Check if you guys can group together for some class action!

Sarcasm doesn't translate into Chinese very well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta I don’t believe it was sarcasm.

• @Clouvider said:

The people can try. Their government has the resources to build more prisons.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@dergelbe said:

You know nothing about china , mr dergelbe

@dergelbe said:

@Clouvider said:

Please tell me this was sarcasm and you dont actually think people should open a class action against the PRC gov? Please!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@randvegeta said:

@dergelbe said:

@Clouvider said:

Please tell me this was sarcasm and you dont actually think people should open a class action against the PRC gov? Please!

Clearly they shouldn't blame the provider for the result of THEIR government's actions.

• @randvegeta said:

You know pretty well how the law works over there. There is your answer :-)

• PEBKAGFW

Clouvider said: Clearly they shouldn't blame the provider for the result of THEIR government's actions.

Pretty standard practice for Chinese. Especially amongst those from PRC. It seems to be contagious too. We have many HK and China based western clients who start having similarly ridiculous and demanding requirements.

For example, as they pay for hosting with customer support, they somehow extrapolate that they are entitled to use us as their own in house IT support. So we become the go to resource for all IT problems they may have. Crazy really.

It's amazing how many things are not 'their fault'. For example. If their Wordpress gets hacked, it MUST be the host's fault.

I kid you not, but one of our clients had a 'broken' PC in the office and insisted we come over to fix it for them. They are a good client and so we obliged and sent in a tech. The office is over an hour away from ours btw. The tech gets their, and it turns out that it was just a dead battery in the mouse. Not 100% dead, but dead enough that the mouse became only partially responsive. A quick battery swap and everything was okay again. I'm not making this up! They had 'server management' services with their dedicated servers, and they seriously expected us to handle all their in-house IT support, and deal with shit like dead batteries.

Don't recall something like this ever happening in the UK.

• dergelbedergelbe Member
    edited October 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong: If you have a fixed IP you could use http://greatfirewallofchina.org (or similar sites) to check if sites on that IP are opening (at least opening in that moment).

Not sure how that works on shared hosting. They block IPs or individual websites? If you host with Godaddy, that puts I don't know how many sites on one domain, and then there is one free Tibet site, I wonder if they block the whole IP? Would be risky then to use shared hosting if you need your site to be accessed in China.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

raindog308 said: And by the way, LET mods are still waiting for an answer to this question - or should we just assume you just scammed the community by offering a domain for sale here and then failing to honor the bids?

@youth you've been on since that question was asked, on since I asked it again, and there's been no response. You hosted an auction and then sold the domain elsewhere, screwing the people who bid here. Quoting the rules:

"A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk."

Also quoting the rules:

"Don’t be a dick."

Bye.

Thanked by 2Amitz Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

@vimalware said:
    PEBKAGFW

PEBPPAE (Problem Exists Between Portable Phone and Ear)

• @randvegeta

Next time I visit Hong Kong, first stop your office :p

Me: Hai i have der broken pc pls halp

• WSSWSS Member

Rest in pieces, black heart hand phone.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2017

Thank you very much @raindog308 for banning that clown. I simply forgot to pursue the domain issue.

• youth said: Account # 1 purchased a 512MB memory system, the defendants refused to install it at 512MB, whether the refund can be refused. Account # 2-> IP Problem -> Ticket -> Reply -> Message at LET.

On a side note, I bet by "defendants" he meant "was told [installing Windows is refused]." In Chinese, to tell and to sue can be expressed by a same character, hence the word "defendant" literally means "[the person] being sued," which, when taken apart, is a phrase meaning "being told."

Instead of putting the provider on the defendants' table, he probably was simply expressing the fact that he was reiterated the rules in the ticket. Google translator seems to be on a downhill slide recently, making such hilarious mistakes.

• WSSWSS Member

He's still a cunt.

• WSS said: He's still a cunt.

without even the slightest doubt

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • As a Chinese review site host, a lot of Chinese hosting providers also hate those users...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I think some providers like linode who offers another ip, once blocked, are just so generous that there seems to be more and more black sheep, especially those insatiable ones. as a chinese I feel humiliated seeing this post.

• @FrancisNg said:
    I think some providers like linode who offers another ip, once blocked, are just so generous that there seems to be more and more black sheep, especially those insatiable ones. as a chinese I feel humiliated seeing this post.

It would surprise me if Linode offered another IP address for free if the IP address is blocked, but perhaps they do. In any case, it can't be expected that a provider will do this for free.

I'm not really sure why you feel humiliated. There were various issues with @youth, but the reason he was banned from LET had nothing to do with an IP address (see @raindog308's comment above). And the main issue between @youth and My Custom Hosting was that @youth opened at least two accounts.

I agree, it's not easy for Chinese customers, who have to worry about getting an IP address that is not blocked by China, but at the same time, you can't place the responsibility for this on providers outside of China.

• wimiuwimiu Member
    edited October 2017

I still cannot understand what's the concern about multiple accounts.
    Is it not highly possible for a web hosting administrator to manage hosting for different organizations?
    Your management isn't forever, of course. Someone will take over one day. So, it's very reasonable to create another account for that organization via different email,ex. organization's email.

I believe hosting provider should accept this reason for the case of multiple accounts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FrancisNg said: as a chinese I feel humiliated seeing this post

You get a billion humans together and there's bound to be one rotten egg.

• WSSWSS Member

@raindog308 said:

FrancisNg said: as a chinese I feel humiliated seeing this post

You get a billion humans together and there's bound to be one rotten egg.

Present and accounted for!

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2017

@wimiu said:
    I still cannot understand what's the concern about multiple accounts.
    Is it not highly possible for a web hosting administrator to manage hosting for different organizations?
    Your management isn't forever, of course. Someone will take over one day. So, it's very reasonable to create another account for that organization via different email,ex. organization's email.

I believe hosting provider should accept this reason for the case of multiple accounts.

Then do just that. Don't change your name and use a different gmail account to cheat a small hosting providers TOS/AUP. I'm an American company, I can't rightly conduct business with shadow figures.

• WSSWSS Member

@MCHPhil said:
    I'm an American company, I can't rightly conduct business with shadow figures.

What do you have against democrats!?

• Multiple active accounts. Definitely a violation of TOS. Why did you open multiple accounts in first place?

• @MCHPhil: If I switch to public defender mode, I might point out that -- unless I've missed it -- I don't see an explicit prohibition against multiple accounts in either your AUP ( http://mycustomhosting.net/aup.php ) or your TOS ( http://mycustomhosting.net/tos.php ).

• @SkylarkHosting said:
    Multiple active accounts. Definitely a violation of TOS. Why did you open multiple accounts in first place?

Why reply to a banned user?