Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndGaming Minecraft server - which specific mode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndGaming Minecraft server - which specific mode?

Hi folks,

As our little survey exposed Minecraft Bukkit is most popular. But we need more informations which server exactly you want to have. I think a good idea would be a city server where we can build our own little city is what you think, isn't it? But e.g in which age? Should we play in the middle age or in (our) modern times? Should we make plots where you can build your house on or just free building where you want? Should we have PVP or not? Whats about monsters? With or without? Should we collect our blocks or just play in creative mode? You see, a lot of questions, so I would be really happy if you could share your ideas :)

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• c0yc0y Member

My idea:

• peaceful, no griefing, no random killing
    • age would differ per town/city
    • creative is boring
    • city owners decide whether to grant people freebuild, a plot, or no build permissions at all
  • Vanilla

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

This is how my server currently is:

Normal mode, survival with no creative (no item spawning or power abuse from the mods) donations don't give a huge advantage in game, everyone does their own thing. The world is limited to 10kx10k blocks which has been pre-rendered already.

It seems to be what people like.

• c0yc0y Member

@taronyu said:
    Vanilla

Vanilla is no fun except for 12 year olds hacking, I only bother playing Minecraft when it's properly moderated and with somewhat mature people.

• @Frost said:
    Vanilla is no fun except for 12 year olds hacking, I only bother playing Minecraft when it's properly moderated and with somewhat mature people.

LET isn't mature enough? It is obviously whitelisted.

• c0yc0y Member

@taronyu said:
    LET isn't mature enough? It is obviously whitelisted.

It is, but then ~10 people come together and build something amazing to see it griefed the next day having no clue who did it, bothering with vanilla is a waste of time

• @taronyu said:
    Vanilla

Do it bukkit with some transparent logging plugins, so that admins can rollback griefing if needed

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    Do it bukkit with some transparent logging plugins, so that admins can rollback griefing if needed

Agreed to that, but not a faction/pvp/kingdom/shitty server.

• Our survey says that bukkit is more popular than vanilla. We will offer a vanilla server l8. But our first server will be a bukkit server and now it's up to set up the mode and so :)

• edited August 2013

@trexos said:
    Our survey says that bukkit is more popular than vanilla. We will offer a vanilla server l8. But our first server will be a bukkit server and now it's up to set up the mode and so :)

I want a vanilla whitelist server :(

Actually, scratch that. Let's have a really LEB MC server! (It's possible)

If you need help with Bukkit and such, ask me or @vemacs

• @trexos said:
    Our survey says that bukkit is more popular than vanilla. We will offer a vanilla server l8. But our first server will be a bukkit server and now it's up to set up the mode and so :)

Just throw up Spigot with McMMO, WorldEdit/WorldGuard, some currency plugins, logblock, essentials and a few other nifty's.

I'm still up for helping out setting it up and configuring the plugins if you'd like.

• @PenguinManifesto

You will get this server :) But you just have to wait a bit :p And thanks for your offers. Might concact you in the futur :)

@MrObvious

Thanks for your opinion :) Think that too!

• wdqwdq Member

Spigot is an alternative to Bukkit. It's essentially Bukkit with some tweaks to make it much faster and responsive when there are many people on at once. Spigot also has add ons like BungeeCord which allow you to link together servers, that's a way to have a world that's more PvE, and another that's more PvP.

Along with that NoCheatPlus is good for preventing cheaters, dynmap is just a nice thing to have, HawkEye is usually more up to date than LogBlock, and VoxelSniper is a nice addition to WorldEdit.

You should know that a public vanilla Minecraft server is pretty much impossible to run. You will always need at least the most basic plugins to keep the server from going crazy with people destroying everything.

• @Frost said:
    My idea:

• peaceful, no griefing, no random killing
    • age would differ per town/city
    • creative is boring
    • city owners decide whether to grant people freebuild, a plot, or no build permissions at all

I have to fully agree with you. People could be allowed to build anywhere outside of a city, if they want to build within a city they need to be granted a plot or whatnot by the owner of that city.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Creative mode outside of important areas.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Creative mode outside of important areas.

No. Just no.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

Thansk for all your suggestions and we don't plan to play in creative mode. We think to make it this way:

*different cities with different ages

*in cities you have to build on your plot and outside where you want or this suggestion from @Frost city owners decide whether to grant people freebuild, a plot, or no build permissions at all (we are discussing)

*No PvP in citys (maybe outside or in battle arenas - we are discussing)

And important:

We do not support cracked version of Minecraft.

• Normal or hard difficulty. (Easy's default)

• Why not Spigot?

• @drazilox said:
    Normal or hard difficulty. (Easy's default)

Thanks for your oppinion :) We will discuss that!

@vemacs said:
    Why not Spigot?

We will take a look at this :) Thanks.

• @trexos said:
    We will take a look at this :) Thanks.

Most larger servers use it.

• a world to crawl resources that reset once a week, outside of the plots of users

• @tridinebandim said:
    a world to crawl resources that reset once a week, outside of the plots of users

That sounds good, so the normal world isn't damage.