Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH fixing their false positives in DDoS detection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH fixing their false positives in DDoS detection

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=5222

Whoever was Vacuumed by Arbor merely from playing an UDP game, I think you should re-test and see if that still happens. :)

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Dunno why the ticket says Paris, the description sounds like it's a global thing.
    And they (will) have 3 DDoS filtering locations, RBX SBG and BHS. Not Paris.

• Anyone tried it?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

They have been fixing them for weeks now, their filters have a long way to go yet. Subscribe to the mailing list if you want to hear all about it.

• @SplitIce said:
    They have been fixing them for weeks now, their filters have a long way to go yet. Subscribe to the mailing list if you want to hear all about it.

Where can we subscribe?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@gsrdgrdghd I think you send "subscribe" to ddos [at] ml.ovh net

although I don't remember for sure.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Looks like it was applied only just now. http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=5228

• xsetxset Member

@gsrdgrdghd send subscribe to [email protected]

• xsetxset Member

@rm_ No, that just means the API for Firewall was only active for VAC1 before, now its for all VACs.

• @xset said:
    gsrdgrdghd send subscribe to [email protected]

Seems to be only in french?

• I really don't care anymore, if they fix it, I had trouble with their filtering for more than 2 weeks and already moved away, that's an unacceptable timeframe.