Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server for VPN service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server for VPN service

Just saw this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/126527/sbl-ignore-vps-with-20-ips-for-vpn-service#latest

I think it's not OK to close discussions without giving the person who started them the opportunity to talk.
Running a VPN service isn't something illegal.
We're running one too, and I must admit it's extremly hard to handle SBL caused by the tools mentioned.
Disabling the port forwarding feature would stop SBL, but all VPN users would be affected by the implemention of such measures, so that's not an appropriate solution.
Spamhaus is not giving any help to solve these issues, they only send out SBL notices and put pressure on upstream providers if you don't react to them.
So what can a non-logging VPN, which takes privacy seriously, do, except of looking for offers from hosting providers with liberal ToS?
We are also in search of a server (VPS or dedicated) from hosting companies, who at least tolerate the fact that SBL entries happen from time to time.
That does not mean that we support illegal activities; - it's simply a matter of fact that we cannot stop them completely.
So if there is anyone here who has some understanding towards the needs of non-logging VPN services and who is willing to offer a server with a /27 subnet, please PM me.
We can negotiate about the price.

Sorry for my bad English.

Comments

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

I think it's good to offer VPN services because the intentions are good.

More and more Internet providers block websites under pressure from government and major instances.

Of course there are people who abuse it, but you will have that always

• Ban evading won't help... @jarland

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Block port 25... If you want your "Patrons" to send mail, setup a relay with anti-spam/malware on the outbound... Like, a responsible host.

Blocking port 25 "VPN users would be affected by the implemention of such measures"
    Being SBL also has the same "VPN users would be affected by the implemention of such measures" issue...

• Another ban is coming for you. :D

• WSSWSS Member

lol

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

If this thread is any indication of how you do business, then you're looking in the wrong place for business partners.

Thanked by 1William
  • @Rayhan said:
    Another ban is coming for you. :D

I wouldn't be too mischievous, if I were you...

Thanked by 3jvnadr teamacc WSS