Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] Gaming Dedi - Up to 30€/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] Gaming Dedi - Up to 30€/m

KytroKytro Member
edited October 2017 in Requests

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a small gaming dedicated server (will be hosting Rust), and I need is.

• Windows (a host that would let me use the 180 trial first, will get a license in a month or so);
  • At least 16GB of RAM;
  • A decent CPU, I'm currently using a Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz and it's reallyyy slow;
  • Minimum 40Gb of SSD;
  • 1Gbps (currently using about 3TB of data per month);

- In Europe (France, UK, Germany, NL, are great)

I'm currently paying about 25€ for this specs

• Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz
  • 12GB of RAM
  • 1TB HDD
  • 100Mbps with some ddos protection

Someone already told me that I can get a better dedi and somewhat faster, I'm been searching and I did found some good prices at Hetzner for example, but they don't allow me to use a trial Windows version, our community is growing fast and I will get a license next month and right now I need to move servers since this one is lagging badly.

Let me know if there's any good offer out there!

Thank you!

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Just install Proxmox on Hetzner server and make Windows VM?

• Kytro said: but they don't allow me to use a trial Windows version,

They do allow Windows trial installs

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/LARA/en
    https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Windows_Server_2012/en
    https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Installimage/en

• It starts at 45€ with VAT :/

@exception0x876 said:
    Just install Proxmox on Hetzner server and make Windows VM?

Would I be able do it following a YT or something? Never done that before.

• @Kytro Don’t worry about it—Proxmox is pretty easy to install. Just find a tutorial on Google and read the docs on how to deploy your first KVM container.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Are you only hosting a single Rust server or multiple servers? If it's just one, you could get by with a BuyVM slice in Luxembourg since the server is single-threaded (comes with 1 dedicated core @ 3.5GHz and 4gb RAM for $15/mo). Check with @Francisco to see when/if they'll be back in stock. Pretty sure a Windows license is included with the package.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MasonR said: Check with @Francisco to see when/if they'll be back in stock. Pretty sure a Windows license is included with the package.

Thanks!

We might have a bit more stock on the 10th.

Yes, Windows is included!

Francisco

• Proxmox is literally in Installimage so it installs virtually automatically.

• KytroKytro Member
    edited October 2017

@doghouch said:
    @Kytro Don’t worry about it—�Proxmox is pretty easy to install. Just find a tutorial on Google and read the docs on how to deploy your first KVM container.

@paco said:
    Proxmox is literally in Installimage so it installs virtually automatically.

I'll take a look, I've watched a video, it's seen pretty easy :)

@MasonR said:
    Are you only hosting a single Rust server or multiple servers? If it's just one, you could get by with a BuyVM slice in Luxembourg since the server is single-threaded (comes with 1 dedicated core @ 3.5GHz and 4gb RAM for $15/mo). Check with @Francisco to see when/if they'll be back in stock. Pretty sure a Windows license is included with the package.

@Francisco said:

MasonR said: Check with @Francisco to see when/if they'll be back in stock. Pretty sure a Windows license is included with the package.

Thanks!

We might have a bit more stock on the 10th.

Yes, Windows is included!

Francisco

Unfortunately 4GB is not enough, I do have 12GB and since it's a modded server it's been using 8Gb in the last hour alone.

• I'm sorry for the double post, but Hetzner requires ID verification and I guess they'll only check that next week.

I'd love to know if there's any provider out there with this specs? I can go up in the price a bit if it's necessary, let me know :)

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited October 2017

Would you consider a semi-dedicated server in Piscataway NJ? I have a few Intel i7 6700k & 7700ks that I can offer dedicated resources on.

I would be happy to offer:

• 250GB SSD
    • 4 IPv4 IPs + /64 IPv6
    • 16GB RAM
    • 20Gbps DDoS Protection
    • Windows 2012 or Windows 2016 (I have my own licenses I could provide you.)
    • 3TB Transfer

$30/mn

• I think you need to up your budget because even most of the suggestions here aren't really to your specs (Kimsufi is definitely not on a 1Gbps haha, neither is Seflow, neither is SYS)

• @ServerHand said:
    Would you consider a semi-dedicated server in Piscataway NJ? I have a few Intel i7 6700k & 7700ks that I can offer dedicated resources on.

I would be happy to offer:

• 250GB SSD
    • 4 IPv4 IPs + /64 IPv6
    • 16GB RAM
    • 20Gbps DDoS Protection
    • Windows 2012 or Windows 2016 (I have my own licenses I could provide you.)
    • 3TB Transfer

$30/mn

While New Jersey offers great connectivity to Europe it doesn't meet the OP's requirement of a European based server.

- In Europe (France, UK, Germany, NL, are great)

From my own research a while back these are the main options in your price range and not all of them will be 1Gbps sadly.

SoYouStart

Hetzner Auctions

SeFlow

WorldStream

Online.net

Firstheberg

Let me know if you find any other options yourself as I'm always interested in budget European providers.

The UK options I know of are @Clouvider who will be out of your budget but probably happy to work with you and @Zare who might have something near your budget.

Thanked by 1Clouvider