Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

China methods? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

China methods?

2»

Comments

• RamiRami Member
    edited October 2017

@netomx SSH tunnel might be an option as well
    Have a nice trip
    Visiting China is on my ToDo list ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Rami said:
    @netomx SSH tunnel might be an option as well
    Have a nice trip
    Visiting China is on my ToDo list ;)

Even if you establish a connection with your server via/ SSH + SOCKS, you’ll be throttled severely and eventually blocked.

• MxlMxl Member

OPENVPN Angristan/openvpn-install.sh with cipher AES-256-CBC can work in china.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hello. I am in China right now and I use shadowsocks to bypass the firewall. OpenVPN is very unrecommended in China because of the G,.F. W. And OpenVPN can't be used to bypass it for a long time (maybe the firewall will block you in less than one hour and it's quite common in China). So SS is the best choice for you (personal use only!).

• @Mxl said:
    OPENVPN Angristan/openvpn-install.sh with cipher AES-256-CBC can work in china.

You're right. But the G,.F,W will block you in a short time AUTOMATICALLY!

Thanked by 1Mxl
  • overclockoverclock Member
    edited October 2017

@dergelbe said:

@overclock said:
    openvpn is already dead,

blocked by GFW years ago,

They didn't do it very well then. I was in China 2 weeks ago and OpenVPN worked flawlessly. In fact, all protocols worked, even basic PPTP. Tried also Shadowsocks and Softether (L2TP) (all on own server). All fine.

On the app front I tried Lantern (for android), OperaVPN and FreeBrowser (.org) - all worked.

Best is, have several methods, and setup your own server. Streisand looks nice: https://github.com/StreisandEffect

I monitor the Lantern user feedback, so far it always seems to work. You can get it from PlayStore, or D/L the APK here:
    https://github.com/getlantern/lantern

In China, you have to bypass the gfw first if you want to visit the Playstore.

And , Openvpn works only on port 25.

i dont know where you are in China, Some place in Shanghai and Shenzhen do not blocked by Gfw. thats why your openvpn works. i think.

• not all blocks are equal, as most mentioned. shadowsocks always works but some phone can't cope with it. openvpn works where I am at(shenzhen). ssh also works but depend on the mood of gfw.. it may be throttled.

• @belinik said:
    not all blocks are equal, as most mentioned. shadowsocks always works but some phone can't cope with it. openvpn works where I am at(shenzhen). ssh also works but depend on the mood of gfw.. it may be throttled.

That’s why I have my MBP rebroadcast WiFi over a VPN :)

• WSSWSS Member

@belinik said:
    not all blocks are equal, as most mentioned. shadowsocks always works but some phone can't cope with it. openvpn works where I am at(shenzhen). ssh also works but depend on the mood of gfw.. it may be throttled.

Much like Chinese food, after a couple hours, you end up hungry in a couple hours.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Much like Chinese food, after a couple hours, you end up hungry in a couple hours.

Then eat again.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@inthecloudblog said:
    A comprar compresores ? @netomx

Tr u going to buy cooling compressors?
    Recall you knew a bit about them on the delimi who episode

I know something about a lot of things... I will go for the Guangzhou convention, 7 year in a row :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

And thanks guys! I love china! See you guys over there in Wednesday!

• One can't stress enough, get several methods. The block is also no uniform, different areas or networks have different blocks.

A good link with methods: https://dcamero.azurewebsites.net/

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • ILLKXILLKX Member
    edited October 2017

guhv

• I may be spending a week in Beijing and then two in Shenzen. I understand hotels have wifi and/or fixed ethernet. Is it possible to browse to my own non-descript webserver and webmail on odd ports? I can't imagine why China would want to block my stuff. I can live without Google for that time, and I don't do social media at all. Not sure how much trouble I want to go to to check and send email.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited October 2017

I will go to Canton Fair 2017 too.

Maybe we all can meet there. :)

Why not, mate? There was a shopping mall in the South of the Fair, with good restaurants and bar. maybe we can get a tequila there :P

• Free tacos?

Thanked by 1netomx

@AuroraZ said:
    Free tacos?

no tacos there :(