Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-1 Restock - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-1 Restock

2»

Comments

• @WSS Good one.

• WSSWSS Member

@doghouch If you didn't harbor the fucking french, you could speak 'Merkin like the rest of us!

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:
    @doghouch If you didn't harbor the fucking french, you could speak 'Merkin like the rest of us!

“colour”

“couleur”

Screw American English! Oh wait, isn’t Canadian English based on it....?

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    Nah. I'm American. When people don't understand me, I talk slower, and shout louder.

...that depends on what part of the country ;)

• WSSWSS Member

@oneilonline said:
    ...that depends on what part of the country ;)

*sighs and rolls eyes*

WUT YEHW SAYHIN MAYTE!?

@doghouch said:
    “colour”

“couleur”

Would you believe that I had to intentionally remove the U when I typed a similar word earlier today?

• @Leonn said:

@overclock said:
    There is a 9.99Eur setup fee.

And here is a monitor page, which can monitor the stock status of KS and WSI.

http://stock.liyuans.win/#

It is Chinese,but:

“缺货” means "out of stock"

"有货” means "stock available"

thanks to @tozfly

:)

my id is @Leonn

Leonn dalao hao

• @WSS said:

Nah. I'm American. When people don't understand me, I talk slower, and shout louder.

There's a typo here.
    I think you mean you "shoot louder".

Right?

• WSSWSS Member

@southy said:

@WSS said:

There's a typo here.
    I think you mean you "shoot louder".

Right?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Pfft, Im still sitting on these babys,

Serveur KS-2E
    AtomN2800
    4GB
    1x2To SATA
    1 mois 6.99 €

• WSSWSS Member
    edited October 2017

I gave up my 2Es when the 3C deal came through. They're so misused it's pitiful. I've got them virtualizing NAT hosts internally just to run services so they're doing more than sitting there with wasted cycles. :D

Of course, there is still public-facing stuff, too.

• @pbgben said:
    Pfft, Im still sitting on these babys,

Serveur KS-2E
    AtomN2800
    4GB
    1x2To SATA
    1 mois 6.99 €

It the disk that kills me. Even though the Atom is shit, if they stuck a 4TB disk in and doubled the price, I’d bite.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @WSS said:
    I gave up my 2Es when the 3C deal came through. They're so misused it's pitiful. I've got them virtualizing NAT hosts internally just to run services so they're doing more than sitting there with wasted cycles. :D

Honest question, with such shitty atom cores that you can even get better deals anywhere on any single vps offer, why would need this kimsufi servers? What kind of applications can they be used for. I honestly just see 5 euros a month wasted .

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

Honest question, with such shitty atom cores that you can even get better deals anywhere on any single vps offer, why would need this kimsufi servers? What kind of applications can they be used for. I honestly just see 5 euros a month wasted .

Because it's dedicated. I currently have a storage vps from @cociu, and the disk space is shrinking, as reported by multiple other people as well. This requires the host to intervene, while on a dedicated box you can't have such weirdness happen.

Along those lines, isolation is better (privacy), port speed is pretty decent on KS, cpu usage is not fair-share, all iops are yours to do with as you please and all other resources are yours too.

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Generally these are a first/second step away from a VPS. You get 100MBit, and although it's slow, it's yours. As Nekki said, the disk is also pretty nicely sized.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • >

Perfect one-man Plex server. Plenty of storage to get you started and if you’re the only user, you simply avoid transcoding and the job gets done nicely.

Even the shitty Atom can handle a 720p transcode too.

Never found a VPS with that much storage where there weren’t other limits imposed that prevented it from being an effective home for Plex.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • Nekki said: simply avoid transcoding

You can also run background transcodes 24/7 of course.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

How can you disable transcoding tho?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

Its a hack, just break the transcoder.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2017

@MikePT said:

I never said disable.

As the only user, you can control which clients you use. Make sure you upload files that need no transcoding on your client.

Thanked by 2WSS MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

I never said disable.

As the only user, you can control which clients you use. Make sure you upload files that need no transcoding on your client.

Yeah but how do I know those that do not need transcoding? You mean, the decoding capabilities for my Smart TV and such?

• WSSWSS Member

You preconvert your sources to 1080p/etc.. I don't know enough about Plex to tell you how to do it directly, but it's quite possible to do in the background.

• MikePT said: Yeah but how do I know those that do not need transcoding? You mean, the decoding capabilities for my Smart TV and such?

That would be it - work out what sort of files your devices can handle natively and stick to those.

• Selling more believable BS, PM me.