Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bare Metal Servers in US // Ipv6 Announcement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bare Metal Servers in US // Ipv6 Announcement

Hello,

I am looking to order several servers from different locations/datacentres in US. The thing is I am willing to announce our own /29 IPv6 Ripe range via your ASN for per 2 servers.

Example of config could E3-12XX / 8 GB Ram / 120 GB SSD / 1Gbps uplink.

PM me your offers please. Also please do not hijack the thread wheter why I will use those IPs on servers.

Comments

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

Let me dirty up your asn for cheap.

Thanked by 3WSS doghouch paco
  • WSSWSS Member

If you aren't willing to publicly state why a provider should be willing to put their AS on the line, you're unlikely to get a favorable response.

• Nothing shady here. Scraping purposes only.

• Never seen someone use those two words together.

Thanked by 2BlaZe imok
  • Not shady != scraping

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Pickup your own RIPE AS, no one is going to do this from their AS.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Willing to put down a deposit to guarantee the provider's ASN won't get dirtied by your action? Are your IPs clean?

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member
    edited October 2017

This SEO scraping will get your ASN banned by google, just FYI. Resulting in your legit VPN customers etc shitting a brick.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

gisadik said: This SEO scraping will get your ASN banned by google, just FYI. Resulting in your legit VPN customers etc shitting a brick.

Would be kind of amazing to get a whole /29 IPv6 subnet 'banned'.

How does one check if you've got a bad rep with Google?

• I just turn my phone and say "Ok Google, will you be my friend now?"

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited October 2017

You've got a /29, the IPv6 allocation size issued only to LIRs, but you don't have your own ASN?
    I call bullshit.

Also make sure to double-check RIPE's terms and conditions; announcing your space exclusively outside the RIPE service region could likely be a violation.

Paging @William to provide appropriate information and ridicule.

Thanked by 2Aidan DeletedUser
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited October 2017

[removed duplicate]

• ucxo said: You've got a /29, the IPv6 allocation size issued only to LIRs, but you don't have your own ASN?

I call bullshit.

This is possible; a LIR account does not require an ASN but most either have one before already (as end-user) or get one anyway just because (or need it)

Aside it however makes no sense as they are free and the LIR essentially gets at least one with near zero questions asked.

ucxo said: announcing your space exclusively outside the RIPE service region could likely be a violation.

Nobody cares much, but in general it does violate them, yea.

Thanked by 1ucxo