Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compare some Shared Hosting Benchmarks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Compare some Shared Hosting Benchmarks

Run this benchmark plugin on a fresh WordPress install and share the results. You are free to name the provider you are using but there is no need to. This is just to compare what you can get out of your average shared hosting plan :)

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

I like how these tests pretty much just use the CPU and connectivity to MySQL, rather than actual useful metrics.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@WSS said:
    I like how these tests pretty much just use the CPU and connectivity to MySQL, rather than actual useful metrics.

Hmm. I just grabbed a benchmark that was easy to use with the most popular cms. I guess there might be some other benchmarks around but non too easy for the enduser to just run. If you have others in mind feel free to share though :)

• WSSWSS Member

Really, the problem lies in that the core of WP is the design problem in many cases.

Testing relative math, ping, and network speeds are only going to get you so far when your neat 2MB skin uses indirect http include() directives, and other really piss-poor issues, like not caching CSS (or forcing simple GET request breaks by appending time_t or otherwise). This isn't even touching on poorly-written extensions that do a SELECT * on EVERY THREAD IN THE WORLD to compute what could easily be done once an hour or so and read from cache.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It would be good to see some real shared hosting benchmarks, however, in reality, any benchmark that requires wordpress is a bit daft, to say the least :)

It is like seeing which sprinter can run fastest in concrete shoes with a blindfold on.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • Well if there are any benches that anyone (even without shell access) can perform on a shared host without problems and compare, then feel free to share it. Only way would be manual performance testing using google dev tools etc I guess.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • WSSWSS Member

apache ab, a standard for HTTP/1.x and HTTP/2, etc all should be things considered, but this doesn't even know/care about the webserver running, so the metrics are PHP (pretty highly pointless) numbers.

• Loader.io will quickly tell you if your wordpress is optimised or not

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@Aidan said:
    Loader.io will quickly tell you if your wordpress is optimised or not

This would then again be about cms optimization rather than webserver/plan performance benchmarking :/ I might just run some manual performance testing with some Paessel web tool as it allows for some interesting tests..

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • All right, this benchmark is from a Spanish provider (not in LET): https://www.hospedajeydominios.com/reseller.php

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited October 2017

And this one, it is from a Spanish LET provider @jmginer
    https://ginernet.com/es/servidores/hosting/
    (much better)

Thanked by 3Aidan jmginer Ympker
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2017

Had some fun tonight...

Ramnode reseller, ssd, CloudLinux, Litespeed:

• 1 Core Access / 1GB Memory
    • PHP Version: 7.1.9
    • PHP Memory Limit 256MB
    • Server Load .50
    • PHP Tests 0.88 Seconds
    • MySQL Tests 6.35 Seconds

HostMantis Expert, ssd, CloudLinux, Litespeed:

• 2 Cores Access / 6GB Memory
    • PHP Version 7.1.9
    • PHP Memory Limit 128MB
    • Server Load .53
    • PHP Tests 0.44 Seconds
    • MySQL Tests 4.40 Seconds

i7-4790K Dedicated, ssd, CloudLinux, OpenLiteSpeed (direct install, no cpanel):

• 8 Cores Access / 32GB Memory
    • PHP Version 7.2.0RC3
    • PHP Memory Limit 256MB
    • Server Load 0.00
    • PHP Tests 0.43 Seconds
    • MySQL Tests 5.45 Seconds

Methodology: All tests executed 4 times each and only the lowest results where selected.

Hopes you enjoyed this very scientific report!

Thanked by 3Aidan Waldo19 Ympker
  • WSSWSS Member

So, the VPS are being gently used and the dedi is being ignored.

Sounds familiar.

• @WSS said:
    So, the VPS are being gently used and the dedi is being ignored.

Sounds familiar.