Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndGaming - Anyone interested? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndGaming - Anyone interested?

13»

Comments

• I can throw in a CheapVPS and a PoundHost dedicated box for this project, just drop me an email - [email protected]

• I can host the site.

• I'm free to manage any server if that's needed, though I don't have any spare boxes of my own. Tekkit anyone?

• I'll throw up a page tomorrow and get something set up.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

@taronyu @bcrlsn

Thanks for all of your sponsoring offers! ATM we don't need more resources, but I'll write you when we need it :)

@hakimsheriff

Do you have experience in a particular game?

@bcrlsn

You mean you could design a webpage?

@CheapVPS

I wrote you :)

• @trexos - yes. I can design a page to put up the list of servers.

• @trexos Cheers, nothing came in yet but i'll reply when I get back from lunch.

• @bcrlsn

I wrote you a PM :)

@CheapVPS

Sent it 1 minute ago. Enjoy your meal :)

• @bcrlsn said:
    trexos - yes. I can design a page to put up the list of servers.

That would be nice, just a little page with some information and all (gametracker or something like that) banners.

• @taronyu said:
    That would be nice, just a little page with some information and all (gametracker or something like that) banners.

Yeah, I thought at gametrackter too :)

• @trexos: I've hosted a bukkit server with mods and a voltz server and I'm sure I can handle tekkit as well.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I have a cubeworld server running, and can easily throw up a CS:GO server in Chicago with SourceMod and all that fun stuff. Would you guys want CSDM, Casual or Competitive?

• @hakimsheriff

Thank's :) I think we should start another survey which Minecraft (Vanilla, Bukkit, Tekkit) is most popular. But first we have to wait which dedicated server we get from CheapVPS.co.uk :)

@agoldenberg

I'll write you as soon as we are ready to go online :)

• ztecztec Member

@Makkesk8 said:

It's allowed, l4d2 co-op servers are just 4 slots each.

• @trexos

Messaged you back mate.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

Great, atm I'm talking with @CheapVPS about the dedi. Thanks to him for the great support!

First I want all things to be set up, then we can talk again about games and so :P

• Short update: We got our dedicated server up and running and now we are ready to install games on it.

Here is the result of our survey:

As you can see, Minecraft Bukkit is most popular. So we are thinking about which Minecraft mode exactly you want to have. We will start a thread about that question soon.

• I'll be away till 08.09. So don't expect a huge progress in this time. ATM I'm waiting for the design to be finished and another server to be online.

• I can help with minecraft server management, like installing plugins.

• Counter Strike 1.6 will be very nice.

• mawrmawr Member

I've been running Source Gameservers (a lot of TF2, over 30~, and 2 Garrysmod) for some time now on Linux, if you need help :)

• Thanks for all your comments :) After my holidays I'll contact you.

• GadGad Member

I like the idea. Do we need a voice server for this?

• Yeah, we use TeamSpeak 3 :)

• how much bandwidth does a tf2 need for the month?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

about 100GB when its get worse :D